Husbands children

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by


  1. This is my second marriage. Is it permissible that my daughter and my husband’s son live in the same house?
  2. Is it permissible that my husband speak to his x wife, knowing I am unhappy about it. The kids live with my husband and I. Or can she speak to me regarding the kids since I am the mother figure.
  3. Is it a must that I care for his kids, or can they live with their mother which they want but my husband does not. She is working and capable of supporting them. I personally can’t take care of them anymore, due to their mother’s interference in my marriage and household. I feel like I am forced to care for them because I have to abide by my in-laws and their mother’s conditions.Which my husband doesn’t know how to deal with.



1. They need to observe strict purdah.

2. It is wrong for him to be speaking casually to the ex-wife.

3. It is not your duty to take care of them.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest