Q: Is music allowed In Islam?
A: Refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/768
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- am a Radio Jockey, I play music at various time band….IS SUCH A CAREER IN MUSIC…Halaal or Haraam??
- Would you regard music as being haraam? would all forms of music be regarded as haraam? even Arabic music?
- Is music haram, because it has lies in it, or because of the instruments,or because you get carried away, but is music about life or music that doesn’t have any love in it haram?
- i just have a few questions. in islam, is music really harm. also i dont know what to do, somtimes i find my self doing bad things such as listening to music, going on bad sites…
- If music and singing is haram in Islam, then why has Allah created birds to sing?If Allah didn’t want human being to listen to any kind of music, then why do we have birds and animals that sing at night?If listening to music is a great sin, then why isn’t it in the Koran?
- I know music is haraam. I am working with Arabs around me. I happened to come across one of my senior colleague and he was watching a picture slide shows of gardens, sea water, landscape beautiful pictures and there was light background music going on. My other friend objected and said you are listening to a music which is haraam. But he replied, not all music is haraam, light music which gives you relaxation to your mind is not haraam. He further replied that he is not watching any lady dancing, nor I am dancing. It just relax my mind. Hence it is not haraam. Please advice a background music soft one with a instrument like flute, violin or any soft equipment likewise which appears to give relaxation to mind is allowed or not. Here we are not talking about our inner soul. As relaxation to inner soul is only by zikr and nothing else.