Telling one’s wife “Leave my house and go to your father’s house”
Q: I told my wife to leave my house and go to her fathers house. Do you take that as a talak. It’s been a week and my father inlaw does not want my wife to come home and she wants to come home. What do I do?
A: If you did not issue a talaak, then your wife is still in your nikaah.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- I have a wife and 2 children, i have not my own house and residing in my uncle’s house without paying rent, I have one plot which was bought for Rs.200000 to build a house on it with the money of myself and my wife’s of rs.45000 and 155000 respectively I have not enough money to build house on it, my other property is 5.25 tola gold of my wife which was given to her by my father at the time of our marriage, my bank balance is rs 50000 and bank bal. of my kids rs 50000. the market value of the plot is rs.300000, whether zakat is furz for me or my family and how much to pay every year and whether qurbani is wazib for me,my daughter is 6 years and son is 3 years old
- father and sister are of the opinion that we should not get sofas. Their reasons (a) it is shaytwaan’s trick to get dunya in the house, (b) simplicity will leave the house …
- I am in extreme difficulty kindly help me. We are 2 brothers and 1 sister. On our father’s plot I, the younger son, built a building with completely my own halal hard-earned money. I also took a home loan and alone paid the complete installments for 3 years. When the house was ready, my elder brother did not want me to stay in this house and wanted to conquer complete house, hence when I came home with my wife to stay from day one, my elder brother and his wife has been fighting and torturing me and my wife extremely. He beats parents, uses very dirty language for me and my wife. I requested my parents to sell the house and give me back the amount I invested so that I can take parents and stay in other house, but my parents are scared of him hence do nothing. When I and my wife could not tolerate his oppression, we left the house and staying in a small rented house. I am having lots of stress and tension. I request you, please guide me in this regard.
- Assalamoualikum Respected Mufti sahib, I am the owner of a house, although the legal papers for the house are held in the name of a family member. As I am not married and have no children, I am intending to give this house to my nephew whom I have bought up since childhood although I will continue to reside in the house. Can you please advise me how I can give this house as a gift to my nephew Islamically. Would a written letter suffice or should I do something else i.e. leave the house one time and give the keys to my nephew then return back. Please advise me. May Allah tala reward you.
- I constructed a 2 bedroom apartment on secondfloor of my parents house and my mother father and my wife kitchen is same and iam in canada so my wife was not comfortable in house for all house works so she left the house and i had a lot of arguments with her and said you would have stayed in same building and tried to find out the solution for the problem then i would have helped you but i warned you not to go out of my house but you left and went to your parents to whom i hate. so iam not happy with you and i will not give your living expenses unless you realizes your mistake and ask forgiveness with me. i dont like her parents way of living. iam ready to give her living expenses if she asks for sorry and stays in my house? iam i wrong?
- Assalamou Alikum Respected Mufti Sahib, A father during his lifetime gifted his daughter a house (which was then legally transferred from his name) and also said and wrote that 30 thousand pounds of the value of another property, which he owned, is now the property of the daughter. This gift was granted because of the daughter?s khidmat of the father and his wife, due to which the daughter never married and stayed single. Now, in a twist of events the father and daughter once had an argument and during the exchange the daughter said, ?I don?t need anything from you, no house no money? referring to the gifts the father had granted her. Now the question is, by saying these words, does it have any effect of her ownership of the house or the 30 thousand pound property value, which she previously received from the father. May Allah reward you. Wassalaam