Working in a bank
Q: Is a job in the bank haraam as the banking transactions include Riba (interest) but the employee has nothing to do with riba?
A: Refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/2870
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Dear scholars, as-Salamu `alaykum. Please help us to find the right way in our life. I am a software engineer working for a software company. The focus of our software company is banking field and most of the clients are banks. The problem I am facing now is that the project that I am working is for banking software and the bank that I am working is not Islamic bank. The software that I develop or involved is used by the Bank to open account on-line through internet,applying on-line application for credit card, to view the Interest rates on internet for checking account, saving account and fixed deposits, etc.. I ask you to guide me whether doing work for a bank is haram (unlawful) even though I am not directly working for the bank and salary is given by my company, not the Bank. Jazakum Allah khayran.
- I want to take fatwa on the issue related to my sister married in Pakistan. Her husband died few months ago and he was working in a bank in Karachi. Now after his death the bank had given certain amount of money to my sister by saying that it is group Insurance money. But my brother in law never ever gave any amount no matter monthly, quarterly or yearly in the form of premium to the bank for this group insurance. The bank officials told that it is compulsory for all the employees working in that bank to take group insurance (which is provided free of cost by the bank to its employees) and the yearly premiums for that group insurance was being given by the bank and not by the employee. I will be highly grateful and thankful to you if can tell me (give fatwa) in the light of Islamic principles that the money is JAIEZ or HARAAM. Warm Regards?
- I am currently working for a bank, and I know at a basic level that you’re not allowed to work in bank due to Interest. This is not an Islamic bank. All that I am doing is checking if the customer has filled in the form right and sending a letter back to the customer, letting them know what is happening about the bank account. I don’t deal with the money or the financial aspect of this. Also is it allowed for a cleaner or someone concerning the food aspects to work at a bank? I was wondering what is the Islamic rule or law concerning someone working at a bank, and is it right for me to still work for them?.
- I read all your fatwas on whether working in Bank or working for Bank related activities is permissible or not permissible. I understand, we can not take a unique decision, and whether to decide if the job is halal or haram, is majorly based on the roles and
- aslalmuilikum my question was regarding the answer u had for working in the bank u said its not permitted to work in bank becuase any company u work now has some kind of connection to a bank …thanks for ur help
- Assalam Alaikum, I am a software engineer and I would appreciate if you could help me answering this question. I work in IT company and as you know we need to work for different clients across the globe. Now I have got an oppurtunity from my current company in india to go and work there in Bank located at London. Though I will be paid from my company in India but I will be working for the bank and my company will bill for my workdone. Since I have a concern working in Bank could you please advise me on the same quickly. Appreciate your quick reply as I need to respond immediately.