Burying one’s hair after a haircut
Q: Barbers presumably throw away the day’s hair clippings into the refuse bin. After one has had a haircut at a barber shop, should one collect one’s clippings and subsequently bury the clippings?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Burying hair and nails
- Burying Hair and Nails after Clipping
- can you please provide clarification on the below, I have my haircut with scissors all over, however to make it presentable the hairdresser blends the top of my hair with the side of my hair with scissors , it is longer at the top and shorter on the sides and back but there is no visible line to make this noticeable and is not a (short back and side), although it is more than 2 lengths, i have had this haircut all my life and have not copied any celebrity just something that suits my head, and really i do not look like a thug or any of the sort it just looks presentable. 1. Qaza’ is impermissible because of the following Hadīth: عَنْعُمَرَبْنِنَافِعٍ،عَنْنَافِعٍ،عَنِابْنِعُمَرَقَالَ: نَهَىرَسُولُاللَّهِصَلَّىاللهُعَلَيْهِوَسَلَّمَعَنِالْقَزَعِ . قَالَ: وَمَاالْقَزَعُ؟قَالَ: أَنْيُحْلَقَمِنْرَأْسِالصَّبِيِّمَكَانٌوَيُتْرَكَمَكَانٌ[iv] Translation: Umar bin Nāfi’ that Nāfi’ narrates that Ibn Umar radhiallahuanhuma said: Rasulullahsallallahualaihiwasallam prohibited us from Qaza’. IbnNāfi’ enquired: what is Qaza’? He replied: “To shave one part of a child’s head and leave the remaining part unshaven.” Some of the haircuts mentioned above fall under the ambit of Qaza’ such as the: crew cut, flattop, rattail and mowhawk (when part of the head is shaved).
- Dear Moulana Sahib, Assalamoalaikum, I live in Jeddah with my wife. We went to perform Umra. We completed the Tawaf and Saee. After that, my wife wanted to cut her hair herself but I told her that only someone who has already got Halaqa can cut your hair. She waited for me so I can get my haircut and then cut her hair. After I had my Haircut, we discovered we did not have a scissors to cut her hair. We thought we can go home (Jeddah) and do that. Once we returned home, we kissed each other. Immediately after, she remembered that she needed to cut her hair. Now, please advise us if we should give any “Dum” having done this? If so, what should it be? and can we give Dum back in Pakistan where people need it the most?
- I know you have said that it is not permissable for women to cut their hair. But is there actually any hadith that says that women cannot do such? I know it is not allowed for women to immitate men, which would mean women getting a boy cut. But if a women keeps it at a moderate length and it looks like a girl haircut, what is the harm in such?
- Q: I have long hair and I refrain from cutting my hair after I came to know that for women it is impermissible to cut their hair. I observe hijab Alhumdulilah and I was wanting to have a nice hair cut not for any other purpose just because I want to have a nice hair cut once. Will it be permissible to cut my hair or is it haram?