Husband telling the wife “Tum azaad ho jo karna hai karo”
Q: I have many times said I am freeing you. Tum azaad ho jo karna hai karo but never had any intention of divorcing my wife. I just said these words in anger. Will these count as talaaq?
A: If there is a practice in vogue in the place that you live in where these words are taken for a clear divorce then your wife will be divorced.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Husband telling the wife “It’s over”
- Husband saying “Tum Azaad ho”
- Assalamun alaikum, I know a woman who has two girl kids with her first husband. Latter she ran away with a second male few years back. She says ( we doubt her as she is not telling exactly the truth ) she married to that 2nd person , while the 1st male – his original husband was alive and no talaque or qula was pronounced. She separated from the 2nd male also due to some misunderstanding, but she never came to the first husband and mean while her first husband expired. Now again she and the second man started living together. The girls are in our care, and she wants to take them. This is a short back ground. May I know the following under the light of Quran & hadis , what is the fatwa of the esteemed Ulamas :: 1. whteher the nikah between a husband and wife is still valid if the wife or the husband OR any one have illegal relations out side ? 2. Is the nikah with the 2nd male valid, as no talaque or qula was pronounced with the 1st male ? 3. We don?t know actually the nikah has taken place between the 2 nd man and the lady, as the lady is not telling exactly the truth. As an outsider, but just to avoid a sinto be continued between them , can we interfere in this matter ? And can we suggest them to get marry again? 4. Or what is to be done ? 5. Can we send their minor daughters along with the mother, if she insists?
- Respected Mufti Sahib. Asslamo-alaikum. Earlier I had sent a letter seeking guidance in my matter in the light of HADISH & Sunnah. I came to know of the similar case ((Fatwa: 1317/1036=H/1430) and after reading BEHESHTI ZEWAR but I did not receive the letter. Allah knows better if you received my letter or not. I request you in the name of Allah to kindly reply my matter at the earliest. My problem is: I solemnized my NIKAH on 20th may 2006 secretly with a fellow in the presence of valid witnesses in which there were no member of my family. It was because of my oath of Quran Sharif that I will marry him. This was in March 1999. Later that fellow compelled me to fulfill my oath as he frightened me that I could not even go for kaffarh as the oath was pertaining to him. I knew that my family won?t allow me to marry him. But he insisted that after NIKAH he would talk to my parents & will persuade them for proper marriage ceremony which he never did. Since then I have been living separately. I did not receive any assistance from him or the MEHR. However, we had intercourse after NIKAH. Later on I came to know of the truth. It was a well planned conspiracy hatched to defame my family. I was totally astonished. My family came to know of my NIKAH. They left the decision entirely upon me saying that they won?t interfere as they were not involved in this NIKAH itself. Subsequently I tried to reconcile with the situation but I felt completely cheated and could not make my mind to live with him any further. There was neither affection nor respect left in my heart for…
- Wife telling the husband “I want a divorce” and husband replying with “Okay”
- Husband telling the wife “well then go!”