Avoiding areas of doubt
Q: My wife goes for Arabic lessons at NMJ. The organisation has been getting a lot of negative feedback from Ulama. Please advise as my wife is going there for conversational Arabic and they do hadeeth and tafseer as well.
A: Islam teaches us that we should avoid areas of doubt and controversy.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- I know some people incapable of providing good education to their children.Can i give my interest money for their education.Is it necessary to mention that the given money is of interest.I doubt that if they come to know about it it may hurt them.What are the areas where i can spend these money as plenty of guys have asked the same question from me.Please let me know in detail.Can i give it to my relatives.
- i have a doubt. tamil nadu is famous for idly and dosa.doubt is that the rice is made to paste[ata].they keep it for one night.and then cook .within one night fermentation takes place and its quantity rises due to formation of a kind of alcholic subtance.this also causes us to sleep as soon as we eat that. my doubt is that it is allowed to eat such subtance or not?
- Could you give me some information from Quran and hadith about doubts and how far you need to go to get rid of them, particularly in the following 3 instances. 1) If you have doubt whether the names and things were said properly in the nikah do you have to go to the madressah and get a certificate to make sure. What if there is not certificate available? 2) If you have doubt you might have written something blasphemous during some things you have written, do you need to go through everything you’ve written to check if you did. Obviously you did not want to write anything blasphemous. 3) If you have doubt that a certain place might be impure do you need to enquire of someone who would know whether this is the case.
- I have a doubt regarding Forex trading & when i searched for it on the site, i didnt get the answer for my doubt.
- Assalamualaikum, I have a question regarding taxi cabs in Chicago. Is it allowable to tranport drunk passengers? Let me explain you the situation here: During morning shifts(5Am to 5PM) the passengers are mostly those going to office, airport or shopping malls. But during evening shifts, customers are mostly going to Bars/Pubs/strip clubs. There are certain streets which have bars one after the other. Going on those streets means you are going near bars. Also cabbies line up outside famous bars/pubs. If you want to avoid these customers you have to take small streets where you are almost certain of not getting any customers. Then to pick up customers you have to go to office areas which will be very far. After 11PM there is hardly anyone else on the streets other than drunk revelers. Another issue you can consider is that if anyone is trying to flag you down, you cannot refuse them. But that is just a rule and can be conveniently broken. In short avoiding bar areas is feasible but you make 1/3rd of what other people make. Jazakallah.
- Refraining from areas of doubt