Naming a shop or business “LIMRA”
Q: Is it permissible to keep the shop name or business name as “LIMRA”. More people are using this name which is short form of “La Ilaha Illallah Muhammadur Rasoolullah” (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
A: This type of abbreviation is not at all liked.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- My father died in 1998. He had a wife (my mother), five sons -Yunus, Faruq, Rafiq, Ilyas and Sidique and three daughters, Nasrin – myself, Naznin and Farhin. The properties owned by my father are one house & one business shop. The properties have not been distributed to the above heirs. In the house, mother, Yunus, Faruq, Ilyas & Sidiq are living. Rafiq is living separately in a rented house. Prior to my father’s death, he had married off my self and Yunus. The business was run by my father. Rafiq and Ilyas were helping him in his business. Later after his death, Sidiq too joined the business in the same shop. Younus & Farooq were and are doing separate business elsewhere. After death of father, with the income from father’s shop, Naznin, Farhin Faruq, Rafiq & Ilyas got married. The income from profits of shop owned by father, from his death to today was never shared to me. Question is, Am I entitled for a share in profits from the shop’s business as shop belonged to my father.
- Naming shop with Islamic name
- mufti sahab i have booked a shop in the mall for business purpose the time period of construction is of three years the toal value of the shop is of 3300000 and the whole amount i have to pay in installment as the work completes till now i have paid 2000000 and reamaning amount in installment as the works progresses work started in november 2007 and i have paid till october 2008 it will get completed in april 2009 i want to ask 1)Is zakaat payaable on the 2000000 which i paid to the builder note i have purchased for business purpose. 2)will be the remaning amount that is 1300000 will be consider as debt amount. please clarify mufti saab zaajakallah.
- PROVIDE ME FATWA ON MY PROPERTY I have no children & my wife also passed away (dead). My Brother’s son (Mr.SAA) staying with me & taking care my family & business. I have alive 2 Brothers & 2 Sisters 1 Brother’s Son (Mr.SAA) PROPERTY DETAILS:- 1. One House 2. One Plot (Land) 3. Business One Rental Shop (Heart of City) at Abids in ORIENT COMPLEX with high goodwill value, since around 50 years. 4. Shop Earn Savings Investment in Real estate Business operating my brother’s son. Note:- Above all properties are very high value. I need a fatwa above matter. Q1. How to distribute or divide above property? Q2. Are (BROTHER’S SON) will get any share in my property as he is staying with me & taking care to my family & business. Q3. If I give in my life time how to distribute & after my life?
- Aaslamu alaikum, My brother is having Marble shop, in that shop credit card machine is used for business purpose, 2% of swapping amount will go to bank as their charges, Example , My friend giving is credit card and ask a sum of 10,000 rupees can I charge him 3% as swapping charges the remaining 1% can I assume as business profit or it is haram . Your earlier response will be appreciated
- i own a small retail shop and inorder to celebrate 25 years of my business. I would like to know the islamic way of celebration of annivesaries of business firms/human beings?