Men listening to women on the radio station
Q: Islamic radio stations sometimes have programmes with women speaking. Is it permissible for a man to listen to this?
A: Men should avoid listening.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- I have come to Jeddah for job; here there is continuous tilawat of the holy Quran on radio. People listen to it while driving. I would like to know the following things: Is it ok to talk among us while the Quran is being recited on radio in our car while we are traveling, and when we stop at our destinations my fellow driver directly turns the ignition off which also causes the radio to turn off due to which the ayat remains incomplete.
- Is it necessary to make Sajdah-e-tilawat when listening to live taraweeh over the radio and an aayat of Sajdah is recited?
- I am in charge of playing music at the radio station, is my income permissible?
- Assalamu alaykum w.w mufti shab My quistion is here in south africa they is radio station called radio islam and it is very beneficial for evry one.but my qustion is on that radio station evry hour women read out the news is that permissible?it is permissible for ger mahram man to listen to here voise ?because thru out the world 1000 of litsener and many of them ger mahram?so plz replay me with answerd as soon as possible is it permisseble for women to broadcast on radio whey she is not invoved with man or camera?please please replay me soon i’m waiting for your replay. salam
- Asalamualaikum I would like to find out the ruling concerning whether istimaa’ is necessary for women when listening to the juma khutbah live over the radio. It has become the norm for “Islamic” radio stations to play the juma khutbah live, sometimes for more than an hour. Generally the womenfolk are engaged in cooking and don’t pay much attention to it. 1. Would the normal laws of listening to a khutbah apply here ie is it wajib? 2. Would it make a difference whether the khutba is played before zawaal or after? 3. Do menfolk also have to listen attentively? What if they have already performed juma? 4-A person who doesn’t listen attentively talks while listening will he be sinful?
- Is it permissible for anybody (even a convert) to follow a radio, tv or any other radio transmission of the Salaah . Please substantiate