Receiving a degree on one’s non-Muslim name

Q: I’m doing B.E. I reverted to Islam one year ago. Is it permissible to receive scholarship with one’s kaafir identity. I didn’t change my name yet.


A: Yes, it is permissible.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)