Procedure for ending the marriage

Q: Can a wife just say she wants to end a marriage as she does not want her husband any longer? Is that a grounds for talaaq?


A: She should refer to her local ulama jamiat and explain her reason and they will understand whether it warrants annulment or not.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)