I would like to know what to do when I get my monthly period. For the first 2 or 3 days I get a coloured discharge 1 or 2 times a day thereafter I start bleeding for a few days. How do I calculate my period from the start of the bleeding or discharge. When I see the discharge must I perform salaah. If I see the discharge at one salaah time and for the next few salaah I don’t see anything must I make wudhu and perform salaah?

Q: I would like to know what to do when I get my monthly period. For the first 2 or 3 days I get a coloured discharge 1 or 2 times a day thereafter I start bleeding for a few days. How do I calculate my period from the start of the bleeding or discharge. When I see the discharge must I perform salaah. If I see the discharge at one salaah time and for the next few salaah I don’t see anything must I make wudhu and perform salaah?

A: If the discharge is seen within your haidh period, then regard it as haidh.