Incentive for paying rent early
Q: My apartment complex offers an incentive to pay rent one week earlier than the due date. The apartment complex does a raffle with the names of all the people who pay their rent early and then the winner gets $400 in cash. Last month I paid my rent early and my name was drawn in the raffle and they gave me $400. Is this money halal for me to use?
A: It is permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
امداد الأحكام (3/606)
Read these QA to learn more..
- My dad married 3 wives. The first wife is my mother. My mother died in 1984. We have not divided the share of inheritance which is in the name of my mother. We have a commercial property which is in the name of my mother and we all brother are paying the rent to over father for this property. My question is such payment of rent to the father is allowed or not. Please clarify. Thank you.
- I support my Mother, 4 brothers. By paying rent,lights basic living expenses. May I give Zakkat money or use it to pay the rent. What is the critera for a person to except zakaat?
- mufti sab assalamalaikum..we own commercial buildings and get a monthly rent of about rs 7 lacs pm..since the land and building is given out for rent only and not sale..i would like to know if i have to pay zakat on the rent recieved by me..specially when the entire rent is being consumed by me and my family and not saved for one whole year ..thank you ..
- Assalamualikum, I thought of giving Rs 1500 to needy people every month from my Salary and Alhamdulillah I was doing the same from one or two years. Now my parents thing that it might be difficult for me to give Zakat amount which may be approx RS 15000 and they are telling me to do Niyat as Zakat for the amount which I am paying every month as Rs 1500, so that in 10 months the Zakat will be paid over. (The amount Rs 1500 is given to one of our relative whose husband is expired and she has a small kid, I am sending it to my parents and they are given it to her) I am staying in rented house for which intially I have given RS 42,000 as a deposit and the rent is Rs 7000. I thought every month I have to pay the rent, after the first month I told to my house owner I want to pay Rs 7000 rent, he said you have already paid RS 42,000 and no need to pay the rent every month, once the amount is over in 6 months, you have to pay for another 6 month Rs 42,000. Now I have the 3 months rent rs 7000 each (i.e., RS 21,000) with me, I wanted to give Zakat from this amount and I wish not to stop Rs 1500 which I am given it to needy every month. If I pay Zakat from this amount, I will not be having Rs 42,000 to pay to my house owner as 6 months rent which I have to pay after 3 months, but I believe Allah will arrange some amount Inshallah. The six months amount Rs 42,000 owner has mentioned in the agreement that I should pay without fail. I have not told about the amount which I have with me (i.e., RS 21,000) to my parents, as if I tell them they will ask for the money as they have…
- I am living in New Zealand for the last 7 years with my four children and my wife. I work for GOVT of NZ and my wife is a house wife.I am paying tax to the govt of NZ as it is anon islamic country and that same tax applies to all the citizens of NZ. I am renting for the last 7 years and paying huge rents.Recently because of the fall on economic marketrs world wide my rant have gone up drastically and i am paying $350 per week. I want to buy a home but could not because here the bank provide loans on interest and i know that Riba is against Shariya. I heard that there is a fatwa that says that i can buy a home on interst to live in but not for business purpose it this is right or wrong My question to you is that can i buy home on interest.pLEASE DO SUGGESTE WHAT SHOULD I DO I AM PAYING HUGE RENTS AND PAYING OFF SOME ONES MORTGUAGES.WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF RENT WHICH I AM PAYING TO MY LAND LORD I CAN PAY OF MY MORTGUAGE. pLEASE DO REPLY.
- askm sir the question is that i have taken the house for mortagelease for 3yrs.in bangalore. for rs 6lakhs.the owner of the house is agreed for this.and we r not paying the rent for this. only the water and the eletricity bills we r paying.after the complete of the 3yrs we getting back the money.with dection of the mantiance amount.is permissble in islam.we have told the house owner to take rs500.00 as monthly rent.but he did want the monthly rent.because the house he has purchase 50% bank loan he has taken.he also muslim.i want to know is leasemaortage house is premissible is islam.and r we have 2 pay the zakat for this amount which is not with us right now.kindly reply this immdeitly. no2.my brother has taken the house for rent in bangalore for monthly rent.he has paid rs 1lakhs as advance and rent rs 7500.00.want to that he has to pay zakat for for one lakhs which he has given the advance.which he get back after the 11 months agrement.