In Deoband the Ulama say witr prayer in Kaaba is not valid and we need to repeat it as it remains due. Is this correct? Also, can one pray 1 or 3 or 5 rakats in witr?
Q: In Deoband the Ulama say witr prayer in Kaaba is not valid and we need to repeat it as it remains due. Is this correct? Also, can one pray 1 or 3 or 5 rakats in witr?
A: We have not heard this from the ulama of Deoband.
Witr namaaz according to us is three rakaats.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Is there any difference between witr of Isha and the witr prayed during tahajjud time? Does Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaih Wasallam offered witr of Isha during tahajjud or the witr offered by Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaih Wasallam was an extra witr? How to pray witr of Isha? Please tell me in detail.
- Q: Last Friday I made a mistake when I looked at the prayer times on the internet. The site I looked at gave two times for Esha. One time for 17 degrees (which is the view of Abu Yusuf, Imaam Muhammad, Shafi, Maalik, Ahmad bin Hanbal) and one time for 19 degrees (which is the opinion of Abu Hanifa). The mosque I go to use an even a earlier time of 15 degrees for Esha. My calendar at home uses 12 degrees. Now last Friday the time for Esha for 17 degrees was 23:10 and for 19 degrees it was 23:33 o’clock. Now when I go to the mosque for Esha I pray with the jamaat who pray at 15 degrees for Esha. But when I pray at home I used to pray at 19 degrees. So last Friday I prayed Esha with my brother at home by mistake at 17 degrees, and the next day on Saturday I prayed also on 17 degrees. I came to know this the next day on Sunday after Fajr time was expired. Now what should I do? I am not sure what to do therefore I ask you. Can I consider them valid as I prayed at 17 degrees which is valid according to all Imaams except Abu Hanifa? Or must I repeat first those two Esha and Witr prayer before I pray the current prayer of the time? If yes, what about the prayers I prayed in the meanwhile before getting your answer? Or should I wait until 6 prayers are passed over the Esha prayer I peformed at 17 degrees, then pray those two Esha and Witr prayers at any time? Or did I have to repeat those two Esha and witr prayers, then repeat the Fajr then pray the prayer that is coming i.e. Dhuhr?
- When we Hanafi visit Haramain Sharifain in Ramadan, should we offer witr as the imam does or should we offer with them in their Hanbali way and then repeat our own witr again? And if we do pray with them then should we raise hands the way they do for the Qunoot?
- Maulana sahab, here when we pray witr in masjid ul haram the witr is prayed in such a way that first 2 rakats and then one, so since i am a hanafy so what should i do then, also that when in last raka’ah of witr when imam does dua can we raise our hands and thereafter wipe them on face? Jazakallah!
- What is the ruling of the Shaf` prayer (2-rakats prayed before witr)?
- In our place we do not find Hanafi imam in any of our masjid. During Ramadan in witr prayer they pray 2 + 1 rakah with two salams or 3 rakahs without sitting for second rakah. In third rakah after ruku they ask dua. During these times how a Hanafi follower should pray? One of the students of Darul Uloom Deoband said it is not good to miss the Jamah as it is not the way of giving respect to their Jamah so you pray with them but for dua you do not need to raise your hands rather put your hands down and say Amen to their dua silently. I asked some other imams before one said you pray separately since it is only witr other one said as the matter of giving respect to their Jamah you can pray as they pray which is the right way for a Hanafi follower and one more thing they even ask dua in some of the fardh prayer in the last rakah after ruku for the countries like Syria, Palestine and all over the world. Can we join them or we should put our hand down.