Doing hajj-e-badal for one’s convicted brother

Q: Can I do hajj-e-badal for my convicted brother? He is in custody. He has been off track for some time, and not taking any advice. He is a hafiz too.


A: It is permissible for you to carry out a nafil Hajj and convey the reward to your brother.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)