Being unable to give fidyah for not fasting due to illness
- A person who cannot fast in ramadhan due to a sickness, also cannot give fidyah as he is out of a job, what must he do?
- What is the fidya?
- Does it have to be given only to Muslims?
- If he cannot find as many Muslims can he give to kuffar as well?
- Can the fidya be given in the form of a meal?
- Can the person giving the fidya partake of the meals as well?
- He should fulfil the fidyah when he is able to do so.
- Fidyah is discharging to the poor the amount of sadaqatul fitr in the place one is living on behalf of the missed fast.
- One should discharge it to Muslims.
- As above.
- He may sit and have meals with the poor person, however he should dish out separately for himself and the poor person and he should ensure that the food is sufficient so that the the poor person is able to eat to his full.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved: