Requesting khula’ due to abuse
Q: Can a lady request khula if she has an ill-tempered husband,who verbally and emotionally abuses her? Also criticises her and her family? Further, is talaaq valid when issued to a lady who is menstruating?
A: Yes, if she feels that it is not manageable with him.
Yes, though it is sinful to do so.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalam-Alaikum – My wife has forcefully obtained a Khula without my consent through an Imam in the USA. She has not informed any genuine reasons to the Imam, who claims that it is permissible to grant her the Khula without a reason or husband’s consent. For the sake of obtaining the Khula, she came up with some false allegations against me that the Imam did not verify with me but agreed with her. She has been studying at a different city and denied me access to her during the last one year. Hence I was not given any chance of reconciliation by my wife. She has also taken away jewelry that my family had purchased for her use but as my wife. Being a only child, she has been offered unconditional support of her parents, who claim that I have spoiled their daughter’s life, which is not the case. Our marriage was not 100% in order as we both expected to live in two cities and meet often to support my job and her studies. Is this Khula permitted? Can my wife take away the jewelry? Should the reasons of the Khula be shared with the husband for mutual agreement? Is the husband’s consent not required at all? I am afraid that such exploitation of Islam is harmful to the institution of marriage. When asked about it, the Imam said that men also abuse their rights. This was not a good answer. Please let me know if this Khula is valid or can be revoked. I really love my wife and do not have any issues with her. I am willing to give her anything to maintain the marriage. What is the solution for this problem? Kindly respond as soon as possible as I am…
- As-salamualikum, I want to know detail about `Khula Nama’ and some more things about Khula nama 1) Who sholud sign the khula nama first husband or wife. 2) If the husband and wife both have signed the khula nama but the witness dont does the Talique took place. 3) If the husband and wife both have signed in front of more than one person any body they may be, eg father, mother, sister and brother in law of parents side of wife and the decided witness was the brother in law and another witness was absent and both the witness dint sign the khula nama do Talique took place.
- Asalamualikum, my wife had given me khula because the medical report states she is still virgin after 1-1/2 years and she thinks I am not fit for her and I am avoiding her, but I like her and I am fit and she given khula to me with my consent. Now, after khula, the girl’s parents are asking for my jewels which my family presented to her along with my relatives gifts (salami) and I had returned all her jewels to her before khula but now they are saying that the jewels that we given to her should be handed over to them since they feel they are the owner of them now. They decided to give me mahar, but in turn they are asking all my jewels and my relatves gifts (gold) to be presented to her now after khula. So my question is will I have to give my all jewels and gifts (gold) to her or not. Please help me in this matter soon as I am feeling very bad in financial and mind because of khula.
- Assalaam-o-alaikum, This question relates to my sister’s situation.My sister’s husband and her inlaws have been demanding money regularly (dowry) and their hunger for money has only increased. My sister’s husband now claims that my sister sms’d him (he was overseas)asking for a khula and he granted to her via sms. This is utterly baseless and untrue.They are using this ploy only to use the loopholes of khula to escape his responsibilities with regards to financial compensation if he was to give talaq.My sister has 3 year old kid from this marriage. Her husband has used “khula through sms” and since remarried. Does Islam allow Khula by sms ? what are the options we have , how do we teach him a lesson so that no one in future would play around with Islam like he has ? Thanks, Jazak Allah khair
- My brother and his wife were married 12-13 years ago and now my sister-in-law is asking for Khula reasons stating (1) he is not praying, is against Islam, not allowing the child to learn Quran, etc. The first reason is true and now on our persuasion is praying, all other reasons stated by her are wrong. Has she got the right to ask for khula? Some of the intermediates who are talking are saying that a woman has the right to ask for khula without stating the reason as per Quran is it true? Since they have a child who is a daughter of 8 years old incase they divorce who has right to have the daughter the mother or the father. Please briefly tell us the rules of Khula as my brother is not interested in giving away his daughter. On an earlier occasion she has asked for Khula and we managed to convince her, but now she i.e. very adamant. If you can reply on this immediately we would be thankful to Allah.
- if a woman gets khula when she is pregnant with a child after commiting adultery is that khula is valid