I have a question which I find difficult to explain. I do not know what colour I should consider as haidh?  If I have a discharge that is like pink in colour. Is it haidh? Also if I have this discharge (pinkish) at asr time on Monday and then it’s clear and then again I have it on Tuesday at asr time and then it’s clear and then only on Wednesday at asr time the discharge is red blood. When do I calculate the start of my haidh?

Q: I have a question which I find difficult to explain. I do not know what colour I should consider as haidh?  If I have a discharge that is like pink in colour. Is it haidh? Also if I have this discharge (pinkish) at asr time on Monday and then it’s clear and then again I have it on Tuesday at asr time and then it’s clear and then only on Wednesday at asr time the discharge is red blood. When do I calculate the start of my haidh?

A: If a woman has a set pattern of bleeding then she should follow that pattern. However if there is irregular bleeding and she does not have any set pattern, then in this case if she spots blood after 15 days of purity and it continues for three days or more, even though the blood stops and restarts in between it will be regarded as haidh irrespective of whatever the colour of the blood may be.