Refusing a gift
Q: Is this also considered as refusing a gift? When a person informs the person in advance who wants to give a gift that please don’t bring any gift we will not receive it?
A: If the person seems to be a doubtful character then it is permissible to reject it because of his character being doubtful.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Question: If the Devil (shaytan) was cast out of Heaven after refusing to bow down to Adam and refusing to show him respect, how is it that he was able to tempt Adam in heaven into disobeying Allah?
- My relative is running a business for which he took some amount of bank loan on interest and also he does not pay electricity bill and taxes properly. His wife gifted me something. Is the gift halal for me? Can I accept the gift?
- Muhtamim, Asalamualikum. I am writing you from Bangladesh. I am a lawyer in profession. I am in big problem regarding conjugal life. I got married on the 14th January 2009. Before getting married I had Istekhara done by two persons. Results were positive in both istekhara according to the persons who had it done. I did not do any istekhara by myself. But I always prayed to get a wife as a gift from Allah with the qualities which I desired and with the qualities which Allah deems proper and fit for me. Unfortunately I did not get which I prayed. In addition to this, recently I have heard a very negative message about my wife?s previous character, which she and her family have completely hidden to me before getting married. After hearing this message it would be too tough to continue a normal and easy conjugal life for any human being. I am also no exception to this Now I doubt about the result of istekhara done by two persons and prayer which I did myself. I don?t know how the persons did the istekhara for me. It is not possible for me to stay with them during the istekhara. So I had to believe them. After all both of them are Imam of mosques. But I myself prayed to Allah. There is no doubt. In this circumstances I am very confused about what I should do. So would you please answer the following questions? 1. Since I did not get what I prayed, so can I still deem my wife as a gift of Allah? 2. Can I reach in this decision that my prayer has not been accepted by Allah in the way what I prayed? If it is so, then she is not a gift of Allah; isn?t it? 3. If she is not a…
- Is it correct to accept gift during marriage? If no, is it acceptable some one accept gift with intention of distributing to poor?
- Debtors refusing to pay
- I am a Tax consultant I have a relation with Hindu and Christian and other community. Some time they give me gift to Maintain relation on their festivals like (Dipawali, Christmas and New Year). It contains some food, cake sweets and other gift article. My question is here. Can I accept gifts from difference community? Is the gift that contains eatable items halal or haram? Is it advisable to eat it or not? .If they give some other things, is it usable or not? When I went to their place they give me some tea or coffee and some roti and salan? From his own kitchen I do not eat that thing but on the basis of relation with him I have to take tea or coffee from their kitchen, is it advisable or not? Is it haram or halal?