Do boys or men have to keep a beard? If they don’t are they going to get punished?
Q: Do boys or men have to keep a beard? If they don’t are they going to get punished?
A: Yes, they have to keep it.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Is there any authentic narration which directly and emphatically mentions that trimming the beard is a punishable sin? How is sin and good determined in Islam? Is it Haraam or Makrooh to trim the beard? Did Nabi (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) ever trim His Blessed beard? If not, how is a fist lenght beard is an emphasised Sunnah? Which is more rewarding a trimmed fistful beard or a completely untrimmed natural beard? What is the ruling if one trims before it reaches a fist lenght? On what basis does a person continue to be sinful if he trims his beard before it is a fistful while trimmimg after a fistful is not sinful?
- I am the student of engg., I want to know that is having a beard strictly compulsory in Islam or it is a sunnah.I have come to know that beard should be atleast be covered by the fist of one’s hand.Please tell me that beard with smaller length than the fist is similar to the clean shaven beard of the person.I always remain in a discouraged spirit to have the beard on the land of darul harb as we muslim students are so much dependent on the nonmuslims for our future careers & education.As it is getting very difficult to follow the rule of beard in this environment due to communal hatreds. So, please sir help me on this.
- I was browsing through your answers but did not find the answer to my question. I am 18 years old and want to grow out my beard. However, when I do not shave, my facial hair takes a very long time to grow, and when it does come out it is curly and scraggly. My mother tells me to shave and I will not be punished as I am doing it so that my beard will grow fuller (which I am now doing.) Is this allowed if the intention is not to disobey or aesthetic, but instead to grow a more legitimate beard?
- I am a third year BSC student on a verge to complete my studies. My parents do not let me keep beard so what should I do? Now I am getting a job of 30000 INR but I have to be clean shaved also I want to keep my parents happy. And if I keep beard I have to quarrel for that with my parents and this will be daily course if I keep beard. I want to keep beard but I have to go against my parents and have to search for any other job because I will not get that job now if I keep beard.
- My question is that I know that trimming the beard less than fist length is haram but my dad pressures me to cut the beard and maintain it less than fist length. As my beard is now only growing and yet I do not get it fist length. So what should I do? Can I disobey my dad because beard is wajib and it is the sunnah of my Prophet Muhammad (SAW) but if I do not cut the beard my dad gets sad and my dad tortures me too. So what should I do? Please reply.
- As-salamualaykum Sheikh, I am no way doubting Islam, it is dearer to me then my own life,but my passion for Knowledge is undescribable.So this question is somewhat out of curiousity. My question is that if a person is bad and will end up going to hell to get punished, why then does that person get punished in the grave (qabr) when he will ultimately spend eternity in Jahanam. Jazakallah khair, Salam,