Wife paying the extra cost for a bigger house
Q: If a husband gives an accommodation, but his wife requests a bigger house, is it permissible for the wife to pay the extra cost if both parties agree?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalam-U-Alaikum. I want to know whether there is a permission in Islam to purchase a car on Installments. As per my knowledge, under installment scheme, you are supposed to pay the actual cost fixed intrest per month. But the cost is predecided by the bank for eg. if the vehicle cost is 4 lakhs, and if you are paying the installments in 3 years, bank will calculate the intrest and give you the final figure of 5.5 lakhs. So the cost of the car is 5.5 lakhs for you, which you are supposed to pay in 3 years. But if you change your plan of making payment in 4 years, then the total value of car will increase. So Please let me know whether we can purchase a car on installment. I can not buy a car by paying entire amount in cash, and car is very important for me to buy. Will be thankful to you for your advise.
- I am working as a doctor in India and stay in my parent’s house with my wife and 2 daughters. I am the only son and have 2 sisters who are married. I earn decent amount of money but not enough to buy a house for my wife and children. Also because of my hectic work schedules I cannot give enough time for my wife and children. I have an option of working in Dubai, where I would earn much more than what I earn here. Besides, I will get more time to spend with my wife and children. However, my parents do not want me to leave India and go abroad. I asked my parents to join me as I can easily get Visas for them and also get a bigger house with the salary that I would be getting there. However, my parents are refusing to come there and also not happy that I am going there. My question is (1) Islamically, am I supposed to consider my wife’s and children’s rights or my parent’s in this situation? Is my wife correct in asking me to have separate housing for her and my parents?
- I bought a plot, planning to sale out in near future. My only intention to buy this plot was to make some profit untill I have earned the money for a bigger plot where i will construct the house and will live. Do I have to pay zakat on this plot? Second question is can i pay Zakat to one of my colleague who does not complete requirements for receiving of Zakat but his father has an operation which will cost him around 20 Lacs of PKR, hes not that well off to arrange this amount.
- I am living in New Zealand for the last 7 years with my four children and my wife. I work for GOVT of NZ and my wife is a house wife.I am paying tax to the govt of NZ as it is anon islamic country and that same tax applies to all the citizens of NZ. I am renting for the last 7 years and paying huge rents.Recently because of the fall on economic marketrs world wide my rant have gone up drastically and i am paying $350 per week. I want to buy a home but could not because here the bank provide loans on interest and i know that Riba is against Shariya. I heard that there is a fatwa that says that i can buy a home on interst to live in but not for business purpose it this is right or wrong My question to you is that can i buy home on interest.pLEASE DO SUGGESTE WHAT SHOULD I DO I AM PAYING HUGE RENTS AND PAYING OFF SOME ONES MORTGUAGES.WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF RENT WHICH I AM PAYING TO MY LAND LORD I CAN PAY OF MY MORTGUAGE. pLEASE DO REPLY.
- Assalamoalaikum,My question is as: zakat is farz on the cost of property (I mean extra house,shops,land etc)or not. If the house is on rent then zakat will be due on rent and cost both. pl clarify.
- I have gone through all the previous questions but could not find this. The question is that I am a government employee and I want to purchase a house for my family but I cannot buy in lump sum and can only buy in installments. In Karachi there are many housing projects which offer to buy a house in installment but the thing is that every project is partly financed by builder and partly by House Building Finance Corporation (HBFC), that is I will have to pay part of the cost to builder (after paying builder’s part I can have the possession of the house) and the rest to HBFC and HBFC applies interest on that part of the loan. So is it lawful for me to have a house in this way considering that I am not taking loan from HBFC directly?