Asking for a separation

Q: My husband is having an affair with other women, which he refuses to break relations with. He is a very abusive man who abuses me emotionally, mentally and physically. We have 2 children together who have witnessed all the abuse. Do I have grounds for a divorce and what are they?


A: If you cannot manage living with him then respectfully ask for separation.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)