Are we allowed to give interest money from the bank to needy Muslims? Or is it better to give to non-muslims only?
Q: Are we allowed to give interest money from the bank to needy Muslims? Or is it better to give to non-muslims only?
A: One should dispose of it by giving it to any poor person without the intention of receiving reward.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- I need to know that interest money given by the banks on deposits is haram or halal for Muslims. Although I am firm that its haram for a Muslim to use interest, but recently I came across a fatwa by Akhtar Raza Khan on his web site in which he states that interest money given by banks in countries (India, Britain, South Africa) which are not Islamic States, is legal for the Muslims and they can be taken/used. Please give your thoughts on this in detail.
- As salaam alai’kum Mufti Saheb, I have accrued interest on my savings account which i would like to give it away without any intention of getting reward, now questions is ? 1. Can i give this to my needy cousin brother .. but what if he is a syed.. coz i heard that we cannot give zakat and interest money to syed’s.. 2. My elder brother is deep in debt, can i give it to him.. 3. If not the above 2 then who should i give it to .. Jazakallah Khaire
- I put some money in bank in India now bank is paying interest what can be done with it. 1. In India can I give it to some poor deserving needy Muslim student to pursue their education?
- Dear Mufti sahib! my father deposited some money in the bank in 1997/98, at that time he doesn’t know much about the interest, later on in 2008 he realized that extra money that bank will give to him is interest. so he decided to give the money to the deserved peoples. but my father died in august last year. i want to know. (1): that all the money of interest will be given to the deserved onces. or we are also able to keep some money of interest. because at the time of the deposit the value of the money was much greater than it is now. (2): if we are not able to keep the money, then to whom it may be given. (3): can we give it to our poor relatives, if they also know that the money we giving to them is the money of interest.
- Assalamualaikum Brother A friends mom want to write a will and give away all her wealth to a cancer charity in canada.The whole family is muslim. She has three daughters aged 22, 20 and 7. My question is that can the mother give away all her wealth in charity after she dies or even while she is alive? If the mother has permission of her two adult daughters, can she give it away then, minus the share of the little sister? Would it be okay for a muslim lady to give everything to a charity in canada instead of helping people here in pakistan where she normally resides? Is it okay for Muslims to give charity to christian or any other organisations besides muslims’? If the mother does write this will and give away everything to this cancer charity in canada without consulting with her daughters, would she be held accountable on the day of judgement, i mean is that a sin? Also please keep in mind that her husband is well off too and the mom generally has a tendency to help the needy, so please let me know whats the best possible option for her knowing that she has always wanted to help the poor and the needy. Wasalaaam
- Assalamualikum. Can Zakat money be used to purchase Medical/Laboratory Equipment in a non profitable charitable Organisation offering community service to poor and needy Muslims as well as few Non-Muslims in village. The subsidise fees income earned from such service of Muslims above Nisaab & Non-Muslims can be accounted/reused for the running of the organisation/maintenance of equipment. Extending this service to non-muslims can reduce their hostility towards Muslims as well as give oppurtunity/platform for dawah and to bring them closer to Islam. Pls enlighten if this is permissible.