Should I send someone for Hajj or extend my father’s house?
Q: I have been for Hajj already but the person I am taking has not, but my dad asked me to instead use that money for an additional extension to his
house. What do I do? My dad has been for hajj as well.
A: If your father is living with difficulty then rather use the money to do his house.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Question no. 1: My uncle is sending his father(who is not a sahib-e-istitaat) on hajj this year while cant go himself because of work. Hajj is obligatory on him but he plans do it next year and money is not a problem. Can he send his father on a nafli hajj before himself doing an obligatory hajj?
- Q: I have planned for Hajj this year Insha Allah. I am presently working but not earning that much where I can afford to pay for Hajj. My father is giving me a gift and has told me to go for Hajj. Will my Farz Hajj be complete?
- My father-in-law passed away last month and he performed Umrah in June 2012. My in-laws want to do Hajj-e-Badal for my father-in-law (marhoom). Do we have to send a person who is Haji? Can we send a person who is doing hajj for the first time? Please reply back to me as soon as possible.
- Alhamdulillah I am the only son to my parents and I have five sisters all are married and settled. As my father is a retired Govt. servant, Allah blessed me a good job in Gulf. All the expenses of my sisters’ marriages plus building of our house, hajj of my parents was purely done by me Alhamdulillah. My act was purely to get the blessings of the Almighty Allah and to see my parents happy all the time. The house we live is owned by my father and all these years my parents kept saying that the house belongs to me and I never pressed my father to write the house in my name. Now the time has come and my father wants to write the property to my name. But, my parents want their wish to fulfilled and requesting me to give 10 lakhs each to my sisters as a gift to own the house. As per my parents, the present value of the house is about 1.5 crore. Is this fair to give share to my sisters for this deal? Do I have to fulfill the wish of my parents? What is sisters’ right in property?
- Asalamulikum Warahmatullah. Dear Mufti Sahib, I would need to know if I can send a poor man/woman on Alms (Zakat money) to hajj. for example if my teacher or friend is a poor person and he loves to go to Hajj but he does not have any money to go there, can I submit Alms (Zakat money) to send him/or her to Hajj? Wasalam Ahmadullah Ahmadi from kandahar Afghanistan
- Q: My father had been for Hajj over 10 years ago. At the time he had a very close friend who he had owed some money to. Before going for hajj, he went to his friend to pay off whatever money he owed him but his friend refused, saying go and enjoy your hajj, and being friends, he kept saying don’t worry bout all of that now. So my dad went for his hajj, when he got back, a short time later, his friend past away in a car accident. My father is now older and is not working anymore due to his health , but because his friend never directly say don’t pay me, its been worrying my father and so he decided to save up the money that he would have had to pay his friend and give it to his friend’s son, who has no knowledge of this. After many months of saving, as he is now unemployed, he managed to save the money and was going to get the money sent to the son via a mutual friend within the week. Then within the weekend his house was burgled and the safe was stolen with the money in it. Does my father still have to save again and pay the money?