Taking a loan from a family member to go for umrah
Q: My husband and I want to go for umrah. A relative is prepared to give me a loan against jewellaery that I have. Which is the correct way of doing the loan. The intention is to repay the same loan amount back and receive the jewellery back.
A: It is permissible to take the jewellery as a security. We advise that it is not at all appropriate to take such a big loan for an act that is nafl only.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalamu Alaikkum, I know that giving, taking interest is haram. We’re living as joint family. For business purpose my brother wants a land. He planned to take loan and purchase the land. He is asking me to pay the loan amount. I am able to pay the loan amount in installment. I insisted so many times that don’t take loan. We’ll wait for sometime then later we purchase another land. But he is not agreeing with me. If I didn’t agree with him I feared that he broke the relationship and whole family will be in greater problem. Please suggest me that what to do now? Should I pay amount or not? I know that you have more work. If you give solution as soon as possible then it will be very useful.
- Assalamu Alaykum, I am looking to attend university in September and was recently told by someone that taking out a tuition fee loan is Haraam. I looked into this on their website and found that after the first year of study the Student Loans company add interest as well as inflation. With the recent increase in university fees to £9000 per year, I would find it difficult to pay this off without actually taking out the loan. I have also looked into working part time while at university but this still wouldn’t cover it. I have asked several people who have already been through the system about what they have done and all of them have said that they have taken the loan out. I would appreciate if you clear this matter up for me. Shukran Jazakallah
- In our family 8 members are there. one mother 2 daughter and 5 sons.Valuation of the property is 1 crores. please divides this property in the above 8 member as per the Islamic law. How much amount will each member will receives. Please explain.
- From your previous answers I came to know that taking home loan is not permissible as per Shariah. But my case is different. I am working in Bangalore and have taken home for rent. In my native we have own house which is made of sand (mitti) without basement and we are living in that more than 10 years. Now we are planning to construct the house. The issue is I do not have that much money to construct house in one shot. Since I am getting good salary, I can repay the loan. Without taking the loan and want to construct the house, for me it will take more than 8 years. In this case; (1) Can I take the home loan to construct the home in my native? (2) If it is permissible, then can I build two or three floor building and give it for rent? (3) From the rented money can I pay the home loan? (4) Since I am employee of a software company, can I show this home loan for tax redemption?
- I’m 24 years old sunni muslim girl working in a hotel as an assisstant manager. my parents are a very religious people and their dream of life is to go for hajj or at least just to visit that holy place like doing Umrah for example. and since i don’t have money for that i was thinking of taking a loan from the bank because i really have no other solution and organise the trip for them this Ramadan inshallah. we do not know when will be the last day of our life and i really want them to go before that (God forbbid)and make their wish comes true. But is going for Umrah with a loan money, Halal or Haram? Hope to hear from you as soon as possible, wishing to hear the positive answer from u because i really want them to visit that holy place. Thank you soo much for your guidness. Jazaka allah kolla khair. Salama Alaikom
- I went to Makkah from Jeddah and performed umrah alone. The next day I took my family to Jurana from Makkah without the intention of performing Umrah myself. My family performed umrah on returnin to makkah mukarima and i didnot. Is Dumh due on me or not?