Buying a lottery ticket
Q: I want to buy a lottery ticket. Is it permissible in Islam?
A: Lottery is gambling. Gambling is Haraam in Islam.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Asalamoalaikum. My couzn gave me ear rings whch she might have won in a lottery, i am nt sure. Shud i wear dm or first ask her. Is it permissible 4 me 2 wear dm if dy r frm lottery?
- Buying a lottery ticket from a non Muslim
- I am a student currently studying outside my home country. To meet expenses I am working part time in a Software House as Software Engineer. My employer (Software House) develops and maintains website for lottery playing. People buy lottery tickets and take part in lottery through this website. My work in this project is to test databases and website, which is similar to a clerk (accountant) in older days who maintains records of all customers in written about customers who have bought the lottery tickets. My question is that is it permissible to work for this software house or not? And can I use the money earned as salary, for my personal use like house rent, tuition fees etc?
- I am working in store which does lottery,can i use lottery machine to serve customers? There are scratch cards which gives prizes is it haram for muslims to play lottery and scratch cards?
- Assalamualikum , i’m zarjoon khan,currently working in travel agency in riyadh ksa. i need a fatwa for insurance & etc. generally insurance is haram in islam.airlines required tax from passenger for insurance which is call insurance tax. it must have to pay to airlines while buy a air ticket my question is this insurance tax permissible? is it relative of riba. my duty is selling a air ticket am i involve whether if it’s haram?also few airlines providing alcohol during fly & showing cinema inside the flight im selling a ticket for airlines. sure those are sin. me afraid that am i involve such sin.can i work this field(travel agency) please give me a fatwa for me & deeply explain. hope you will assist me regarding this matter . jazakhallahu khairah!
- Is the lottery system jayaz (allowed /reasonable) in islam..For example, a person says to a group of 10 people that you submit 500 rupees pe rmonth to me and at the end of every month , he will raise a bid (I mean boli lgayega), and the person who speaks the lowest bid /rate then he can collect the total amont of lottery?