Asking one’s husband for a separate home
Q: Is it right to ask my husband for a separate home?
A: After marriage a husband should provide a separate facility for his wife wherein she will be able to fulfil her essential needs (e.g. separate room and kitchen).
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Q: Due to reasons, my husband told me that if he stops me from meeting or talking to my ex-husband then I am divorced (we have doubts whether he said ‘divorced’ once or thrice; we both do not remember). The last time when I wanted to invite my ex to our home my husband said that I do not give you permission to invite him home. Those that constitute divorce?
- Is it from the wife’s rights to demand living in a separate house (away from the husband’s family) if the husband can afford it?
- Wife leaves her husband a number of times,sometime without asking,has even went on Hajj with her brother she simply informed her husband and did not ask for any permission husband did not objected or rather remained silent for it was a matter of Hajj ,then there is the issue of three daughters involved. so its prudent not to separate , beside there are no other issues . Husband and wife and have now chosen not to interfere in each others work , both now earn separately and do not share with each other , is the husband still obliged for the upkeep [ nan-nafqa ] of her wife.? Q2- Is it true Imam Ghazali has said, in a similar situation [ wife leaving husband without asking permission ] husband is released from the burden of nan-nafqa?
- Is there any Hadeeth proving the wife’s right to live in a separate home?
- Assalamoelaikum.”My son Azeem Who Marred Name Irfana on 24/05/09.at Jetpur. After 2 Month Later She Left Our House.And Yet Stayed At Her Parent’s House Sice Last 1 Year.Her Parent’s Have No Dindari, Hense Our Attempts For Compromises At Jamat Level& Some Well Known Impreessives Persons,Yet They Are Not Becoming Soft Or Humble .They Lead Us to Court Under Colmn,125.And They Demand Us To Separate Life,And Separate House.After One Year Later They Demand To Separate House.She Stayed Only 2 Monthnd At our Home, Hense We All Are Worried Position.And Urge to Allah That Allah May Give Them Good Understanding And Khauf. .After Nikah Howmany Day’s They Keep They Daughter At Parent.s Home? Allah ka Sukra Mangte Nahi Aata Ke Hamare Ghar me Inke Gharse Behter Jindagi He, to Allah Ka Sukra Ada Karna Chahiyeh,Aur Allah Se Behter Bhalai mangniChahiyehthi.Firbhi Alag Rehna Hai. Pl.Let Us Know Azeem’ ka Alag Rehna Behter Sabit Hoga Ya Nahi?Irfana Azeem Ke ?liye Vafadar Rahegi Ya Nahi ? Unko Alag Karneme Hamaribhi Bhalai He Ke Nahi?
- Respected Mufti What did you say for the following query ? 1. Wife can observe Sunnah/ Mustahab / Nafl(Except Ramadan Fard Fasting) fasting without husband knowledge if the Husband is working in Abroad. 2. Wife can go along with her parents anywhere (near to her home / far from home) for her relative?s death or any function without husband knowledge if the husband is working in Abroad Expecting your prompt reply.