Preventing one’s wife from going to see her parents
Q: Is it permissible for a husband to prevent a disobeying wife to leave the home to see her parents but not to forbid her to maintaining ties with them with phone calls, that’s if she lives in a different country than them?
A: She has the right to visit her parents at least once a week.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Parents preventing the boy from getting married
- Assalamwalaikum, I am the only son to my parents and have one sister, who is married and living seperately. There are differences between my wife and my parents because of which my wife wants me to work in gulf so that we can live together and she wants me to leave my parents at my sister’s place. BUT I want to stay with my parents and I just cannot think of living without them.. My wife just does not feel comfortable staying with my parents she feels very lonely. My wife herself recommends for my second marriage What should I do and how should I live with both of them? My second question is My parents like my wife’s sister Can I get married to her itself?
- Husband preventing the wife from visiting her father
- I Shaikh Rashid Ali working in Govt. PSU company, got married 10 years back. My parents liked my wife (arrange marriage). I had done my best to all (my parents, brothers, sisters, my wife, and two sons) as per my ability and respect, but from the beginning of my marriage some quarrel arise between my mother and my wife but from good teaching from my parents I neglected these and believed Allah (SWT) will keep all right. But now my wife is not willing to live with my mother and so me, I had decided that I will not leave my parents today or in future. I do not want to lose my jannah by loosing or hurting my parents. Please show the right path.
- Please answer the following questions in the light of the holy Quran and Hadith. (1) A couple is residing in a foreign country for the past 10 years without any problems. Recently in-laws (husband’s parents) went on visitor’s visa and stayed for 3 months there. Father and mother of the husband started dominating the daughter-in-law by taking control of the kitchen etc., instigating the son against his wife and always try to dilute and degrade the wife proving that she is fit for nothing. But in reality it is other way round. Most of the times, the husband has supported his wife and this irritates the in-laws very much. Indirectly they used to pass degrading comments in the absence of their son. In short, they want to take overall control of the house/wealth and everything and expect the wife to be a maid though the wife is highly qualified and a house-wife looking after her small son. Now they are in India but again trying hard to visit that country again and may cause these problems. In fact they are trying to stay permanently in that place. Please let me know what are the directions of Allah and His beloved Prophet (May peace and Allah’s blessings be upon him) for such type of in-laws. (2) How much husband’s parents (in-laws) interference is allowed in the relationship of wife and husband in Islam? (3) They prevent their son to sleep with wife and misguide him giving the reason that since he is a surgeon, he needs complete rest and sound sleep. So, wife and son sleep in one room and husband in another. They openly oppose them to sleep together. Even during day…
- Shortly after my marriage, my mom started misunderstanding my wife over silly issues. My wife tried to meet my mom’s expectations, but could not. We’ve been trying to remove the misunderstandings but couldn’t be successful so far. My mom’s also quite short-tempered. My wife’s fed up of my mom’s behavior & she doesn’t like to tolerate my mom now even for silly issues. We were all living together in India until I got a job in Gulf sometime back. Since then, I’m staying here with my wife & kid, & my parents are staying in India. As I don’t have siblings, my parents are staying alone. My parents are aged but are able to help themselves. I’m quite concerned of their loneliness and I wish to stay with them with the intention of serving them. But, my wife doesn’t wish to stay with my parents because of our family issues. However, my parents are ready to stay with us anywhere. Pls advise as what I should do in this situation to look after my parents and my wife simultaneously.