Delaying in paying the mahr
Q: Is it necessary to give mahar before cohabitation or can you delay it?
A: One should not delay in paying the mahr.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Custom of the Bride Paying Dowry (mahr)
- If after getting Khula, wife and his relatives refuse to return mahr to the husband, even promised (written by wife’s father) at the time of divorce to return the mahr, what Shariah says about that? And what precautions apply? Kindly tell the status mahr on wife toward her husband on khula (fardh, sunnah, wajib or mustahab) to return mahr?
- I am married man and want to pay the amount of mahr to my wife but she is not willing to take it and says I will take it later time. This is a huge debt to a man and life has no guarantee, so I want to be free from this grave responsibility. Then my question is, can I give this much of amount as gift to her and not telling her that this is from the mahr amount and she knows only that this is just a gift for her but for me this the mahr that I have paid and become free from great debt. Is it allowed in Islam or not? If not then tell me the right way to pay the mahr.
- Delaying in paying the Dowry
- Alhamdulillah, it is my pleasure to tell you that I am going to proceed a Sunnah, I am going to get married In-shaAllah, in October, but as I am not having much knowledge about these things which are mentioned below. Please let me know about these things: (1) What does Islam say about haqq-e-mahr? (2) How much haqq-e-mahr we can decide? (3) When we can give the haqq-e-mahr (at time of nikah or should one state in the nikahnama that haqq-e-mahr should be paid if divorce occurs)? (4) What is the way to deal with haqq-e-mahr Islam? Can it be given in installments? (5) What are the regulations which a male has to perform on the wedding day and night? Are there some specifications? As I am in China so mostly all the Islamic websites do not work here, please let me know where I can get all the information regarding nikah provide me with the source also.
- I have made nikah n stupulated the mahr amount but i came to UAE insha allah i`ll pay mahr n bring her home after 1 year. i`m heartfully thinking i have full rights on her also she perform everything with my permission. can u pls explain me do i have 100% rights on her before paying the mahr.