Going to one’s ex-wife’s house to discuss certain issues

Q: I would like to know if it is permissible for my Husband to go to his ex-wife’s house to discuss issues regarding their kids in the presence of
her parents but without me being allowed to attend?


A: If it is in the presence of her parents and the laws of purdah are adhered to, it will be permissible. To avoid any suspicion, it is better that he take some reliable person with him.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)