Writing a letter to the woman one intends marrying
Q: If one intends to marry can he write a letter to the woman to state what he intends from the marriage?
A: Any form of contact before nikaah is impermissible. You should convey your message via the senior people of her family e.g. her parents.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Marrying a Hindu girl who intends embracing Islam in order to get married
- My wife is not adjustable in nature and we have regular fights. And till now I have not given mahr to my wife. When I was in Mumbai and my wife was living in her parents’ home in Assam, I received a letter with signatures of three witnesses. In that letter it was written, that “within three months time, if I do not went to meet her or take her out from her house, then I can keep the mahr amount that I have not given to her with me against khula. It will be assumed that she has asked for khula and I have given her.” I received the letter and called her in mobile. She accepted that she and her parents have sent this letter to me. I got angry and did not go to take her. Since three years I have not met my wife. Now I want to know that is this kind of khula letter having witnesses valid for khula? Is she still in my nikah or not? Can she marry other man?
- Writing a letter to the government stating that one is unmarried
- Assalam walai kum, I need to clear my view against talaaq or divorce. My mummy was pregnant and my dad has left my mummy at my maternal grandfathers home and after 2-3 days he sent a letter thru his freind and in that letter he had written that i am ending our marriage and hereby give you all the three talaaq’s. and he just signed it. IS IT Right can a person give talaaq thru a letter and his child is in the womb of his wife. Please clarify.
- I am from New Delhi.Married in August 2000.Two children,daughter 6 years old and son 3 years old now.Our married life was not happy.I work in Private Company and wife works in Govt.job. Due to differences between me and my wife,on 12th July,2008,left home,took a flat on rent, called her parents from U.P. and started living seperately.All efforts for reconcilation failed.She had even filed complaint against me in Police Station,and filed maintenance petition in 2009 against me in court,matter of which is pending. After all reconcilation efforts,including even by Court appointed mediators failed,I sent her letter of First Talaq on 26th april 2010 written in my hand writing and duly signed by two witnessess through Speed Post at her Residence address in Delhi and sent scannned copy of letter also by email to her.On phone she acknowledged receipt of both these.Then I sent second letter of Talaq again on 29th May 2010 in my own hand writing and signed by same two witnesseses again by speed post and scaned copy by email.I had also mentioned in that the reference of first talaq and that it was the second one.I got Delivery Report of Speed Post.Then on 3rd July 2010,I sent the Final and third Talaq Letter to her in same manner in my hand writing and signed by same two witnesses.I also emailed scanned copy by email to her.In that letter too I had mentioned reference of earlier two talaqs and said it is the third and final one.Again I got receipt of acknowldegement and delivery report from her end.In that third letter I had also mentioned that I want to pay her Mehar amount…
- A father of the husband while separated from his wife wrote a divorce letter which the husband signed and gave it to a third party.Some time later the husband decided to destroy the letter. Later on the husband and wife reunited. The wife had no knowledge of the letter and was informed of the letter only after she was reunited with her husband. Many years have passed by. Where does this marriage stand according to Quraan and Sunnah?