Working for a conventional bank
Q: Is it halaal to work in a non-islamic bank?
A: If the work you are employed for is of a permissible nature in Shari’ah, it will be permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- AOA,Sir i am working in a multinational Bank in UAE.Now my question is that i am working in a Loan Dept.And v have islamic and non islamic loans as well but there is hardly and difference i can find in both the loean(Islamic & Conventional)expect the word intrest and Profit.And its mandatory for us to sell both the products equaly.So working for that dept is ok for me as i m very uncomfortable please help me.
- Working in an Islamic bank department within a conventional bank
- Working in a Conventional Bank
- Working in a Conventional Bank Data Center
- I work in a data centre as a network engineer, which supports a conventional bank, an Islamic Bank (which is a subsidiary of the conventional bank), and an Academy which teaches banking courses. For now our data centre is located in the same building of the bank and will be moved to a different building soon. All in all, the conventional bank owns the data centre, so can I work here? Should I quit and find a job or find a job and then quit? Please advise.
- Asalam u Alaikum! I work in a islamic branch of a conventional bank in Pakistan. I used to work in a interest based bank before and have friends who are still working in interst based banks. 1). Therefore, sometimes if I go meet them either they offer me food or drinks from their income or bank’s petty funds as it is customary in offices, please tell me if it is jahiz or not. OR 2). They invite me in thier marriages OR other functions, I have to eat or drink with them from the food or drinks which are purchased from their own income. please give me your fatwa if it is permitted or not. 3). Since I am working in a Islamic branch of a conventional interest based bank. The working and functionality of our branch is Shariah compliant and approved as such from State bank of pakistan. State bank of pakistan has a Shariah board menned by Shariah Scholars who give license for islamic banking to either full fledged islamic banks OR standalone branches for islamic banking of conventional banks and operations of these branches are separate from conventional banking branches. What I like to know that sometimes I have to attend functions / attend meetings where I have to drink tea or eat food sponsored by conventional interest based banking branches. Since these are official meetings, functions, or calls then it is very very difficult to say NO in such circumstances. Please give your fatwa on this if it is “jahiz or not” and if conditionally Jahiz then conditionalities attached to it.