Root of a hair
Q: Is the root of a hair Taahir or Najis?
A: The root is najis.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- I wanted to ask that are we allowed to cut the beard’s hair that have extended beyond the jawbone at the side of the face i.e the root of the hair is within the jawbone but the hair have grown…
- Root of a hair falling in water
- Can I Just Wash the Root of My Hair and My Scalp During the Ritual Bath If My Hair Is Too Long?
- Q: I have long hair and I refrain from cutting my hair after I came to know that for women it is impermissible to cut their hair. I observe hijab Alhumdulilah and I was wanting to have a nice hair cut not for any other purpose just because I want to have a nice hair cut once. Will it be permissible to cut my hair or is it haram?
- I am a beautician. I lived in UK. My all clients are women. I do IPL (intense pulse light) like laser light goes in to your root of hair and burn your root of hair permanently. (a) What is awrah (satr) of women in front of Muslim women? (b) What part of body I am not allowed to do. Women normally want removed their hair from face, full arms, chest, underarms, lower legs. Is it lawful? Can you explain me, please?
- If the hair of the eyebrows, beard or moustache is so thick that the skin cannot be seen, then in such a case it is wajib to wash that hair which falls within the boundaries of the face. It is not wajib to wash the hair that is beyond the boundaries of the face. [Bahishti Zewar]. What do you mean by hair which falls within the boundaries of the face? I am stressing on the length of hair of beard. If the root of hair lies within facial limit but its other end hangs downward, say, 4 inches away from face, then please clarify whether it is wajib to wash only part of the hair which is lying within facial limit or it is wajib to wash full length of hair including its root which lies on face to the other end hanging under and away from face. Regarding washing, if the beard is thick on one particular area of face (say chin) and thin on another area of face (say jawbone). Does it mean, thin portion should be washed including skin and thick portion may exclude skin?