I am a sunni girl Alhamdulillah. Fortunately or unfortunately I like a shiaa boy. For a long time I was unaware about the major differences between shiaa sunni. Now when I have come to know I am confused ….very confused. We both have already committed to each other about getting married. Now Sir … I want your help. Can you please tell me is it not halal for a sunni to marry a shiaa? And what is the reason if it is haraam? After all Shiaa’s do also believe in Allah and read the same kalima. Awaiting your answer.

Q: I am a sunni girl Alhamdulillah. Fortunately or unfortunately I like a shiaa boy. For a long time I was unaware about the major differences between shiaa sunni. Now when I have come to know I am confused ….very confused. We both have already committed to each other about getting married. Now Sir … I want your help. Can you please tell me is it not halal for a sunni to marry a shiaa? And what is the reason if it is haraam? After all Shiaa’s do also believe in Allah and read the same kalima. Awaiting your answer.

A: It is the same like marrying a Christian or a Jew.