I heard a Moulana mention in his bayaan a Hadith of Nabi (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) something to the effect that ‘That person who will have dates (kajoor) for 3 days every month, no evil sickness or calamity will befall them”. Can Mufti Saheb please explain this hadith to me. What is the manner in which we are supposed to consume the dates? Do we eat only dates for three whole days, or only a certain amount of it during the 3 days or how exactly do we consume it. What tarteeb can be used to make amal on this hadith?

Q: I heard a Moulana mention in his bayaan a Hadith of Nabi (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) something to the effect that ‘That person who will have dates (kajoor) for 3 days every month, no evil sickness or calamity will befall them”. Can Mufti Saheb please explain this hadith to me. What is the manner in which we are supposed to consume the dates? Do we eat only dates for three whole days, or only a certain amount of it during the 3 days or how exactly do we consume it. What tarteeb can be used to make amal on this hadith?

A: We have not come across this.