My wife wears an abaya and a scarf but does not do niqab. She teaches in an Islamic school where all teachers are required to wear niqab so she does there. But outside I encourage her repeatedly but she says I’m not ready and when I insist more she gets upset and starts crying. Can you please advise me what to do in this situation? I don’t want to be in sin because she is my wife and I also want the best for her in the akhira.

Q: My wife wears an abaya and a scarf but does not do niqab. She teaches in an Islamic school where all teachers are required to wear niqab so she does there. But outside I encourage her repeatedly but she says I’m not ready and when I insist more she gets upset and starts crying. Can you please advise me what to do in this situation? I don’t want to be in sin because she is my wife and I also want the best for her in the akhira.

A: Conduct ta`leem regularly of Fazaa’il-e-A`maal and Fazaa’il-e-Sadaqaat, and now and then gracefully and compassionately advise her very lightly.