I am married and have kids. Through out my marriage I had a lot of problems. I stayed because of my kids. The issues were mainly my husband going out with bad company, staying out late, people seeing him at clubs, or people saying he’s on drugs. I have now found out that he is taking drugs. He refuses to admit it. Says he isn’t. He’s not working at the moment, he is trying everywhere for a job. What must I do? I can’t afford kids school. I’m not thinking straight. I only cry and feel helpless. I want to leave. What does Mufti advise?

Q: I am married and have kids. Through out my marriage I had a lot of problems. I stayed because of my kids. The issues were mainly my husband going out with bad company, staying out late, people seeing him at clubs, or people saying he’s on drugs. I have now found out that he is taking drugs. He refuses to admit it. Says he isn’t. He’s not working at the moment, he is trying everywhere for a job. What must I do? I can’t afford kids school. I’m not thinking straight. I only cry and feel helpless. I want to leave. What does Mufti advise?

A: We suggest that you refer this problem to the Jamiat of your area and ask them to assist you.