Taking money from a non Muslim government
Q: In a dar al kufr country, can the money from the kafir government be halaal to take by any means? Such as taking it by deceiving them through lying? Is any advantage alowed in a darul kufr by any means for a Muslim?
A: A Muslim should not deceive.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
عن أبي هريرة أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال من غشنا فليس منا (مسلم #164)
Read these QA to learn more..
- I bought a life insurance policy from State life (which is government owned) in 1994. Since then I have been paying Rs. 5800/- as premium in every December. The policy is for 20 years. So after three more years I would get Rs. Two Lac as bonus money. In addition to this I would also receive Rs. 116,000/- which I deposited as premium in 20 years. However now I have realized that the Bonus money is Interest and is therefore Haraam.After receiving this bonus money can I use it for paying future property tax (which is about Thirty one thousand rupees per year) charged on my house by Government and also for paying future income tax. Similarly about seven years ago I invested some money in fixed deposit schemes of national savings centre owned by Government. Now after realizing that the profit I am receiving from them is actually interest I have stopped investing in these schemes . Can I use the Interest already received from them also for paying future property tax and future income tax
- In my native village,there is some Government land property.These land properties are using by side landholders.Some of Villagers are agrred to buid a graveyard in a piece of such government land with taking the land as lease from government say 99 years lease.The graveyard’s work is processing.Note that my village have no graveyard. Please let me know,the constructing of graveyard is right in line with Islami Sariyah.
- Janab Mufti Sahib, Asslamaliykum To invest in the saving scheme of post office is lawful or not, (e.g. fixed deposit or monthly income etc.) the money invested in this scheme directly reaches to government of India. Government of India does not borrow nor finance to any person or any banking institution, GOI uses this money in national affairs to run various scheme, and interest paid on this saving/investment is given from it?s revenue income not from interest. In this situation, a Muslim can invest in above scheme or not and interest given in this scheme is interest or profit. Please sir?
- Without going deeply into the matter, Say for example someone has doubtful money, he received benefits from a kuffaar government, he does not now, but he finds the money doubtful and that someone has calculated what has been received from them in money and that person wishes to safeguard himself from doubtful money and its about whether that someone obtained the benefits through deceptive means or that someone did not meet the true requirements for he benefits. Now, that person feels wanting to disperse that money and relieve himself of this doubtful money, but is giving it back to the kuffaar government lawful, when they have troops in Muslim lands? If not, what is is the best way to disperse of this money and importantly what should be the exact intention. please provide a detailed answer about he intention and please give an example of the intention.
- I am a civil engineer, I own a private welfare organization which works for government, I construct public toilets at my own cost, and all expenditure in the process like payment of electricity, water, salary of employees and every bit of it is taken care by me after taking approval from the concerned government authorities. I maintain these toilets on pay and use basis, I charge Rs. 2 for urinals and Rs. 5 for bath and other things as directed by the government. I have such 10 to 12 toilets and money collected from them is my monthly income. I want to know the money collected from toilet users is halal or haram?
- If government of a 100% muslim country dose not allow face veil in government offices and in islamic collages what should be done?