Aqeeqah in a divorce situation
Q: Who should perform aqeeqah of a new born baby. Mother and father are divorced?
A: The father may do it.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
عن علي بن أبي طالب قال : عق رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم عن الحسن بشاة وقال يا فاطمة أحلقي رأسه وتصدقي بزنة شعره فضة قال فوزنته فكان وزنه درهما أو بعض درهم (جامع الترمذي #1519)
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalamualikum, I want to know about the situation, once on sms my husband told me that his parents wants him to get marry, i asked him if he want to marry someone else then first divorce me, he replyed me with sms that i divorce u. I want to know is this divorce valid as i read some where as written divorce without intention doesnt occur i am not sure he wrote that with intention or without intention as he replyed me within few second i am not sure he thought before writing or not. thanks!
- I am writing this from UK. Yesterday during a family dispute my wife demanded divorce from me. She has been asking quite frequently but I used to leave the house to avoid such situation. But yesterday I could not leave the house and I wrote following sentence on a paper. THIS DIVORCE IS SUBJECT TO HER SIGNATURE. In fact I meant that if she signs this paper then she would be having one divorce this was my intention at the time of writing this. Later on she did not sign it. I just want to know that has this one divorce been done or not? Secondly, if it is 2nd time divorce, then is there any possibility of Ruju, because in 1997 I gave her one talaq on her parents demand? Are we still husband and wife or what is the status of our relation?
- my husband is 31years old , and upon inquiring from my mother in law , we have found out that he has nt had a aqeeqah, because his parents didnt know about deeni matters. can it still be done ? is there harm in not doing aqeeqah? because he is always ill , would it help to sacrifice animal can someone organise aqeeqah for themself? what should be done to rectify the situation? should you give qurbani or sadaqah instead? please answr as soon as possible.
- I am married from last years. My wife went to her parents home 3 weeks back. All was normal before she went. From her parents home she called me and told me that she is coming back in 2 days time. After that my mother got a call from her father and he told my mother that she wants divorce. I better give divorce or they will go to the court. I am not allowed to meet my wife and kids from her father. Even I can not talk to my wife and kids. I don’t know if my wife also wants this or not because I don’t have any communication with her. What is the Islamic ruling about this situation and what is the ruling of divorce in this situation?
- I wanted to know where I stand in my situation. Basically, I have given my wife first divorce in January. After that, we had ruju’ done and lived fine and happy for 6 months. But again, major issues were brought up and she went back to her mothers home. It has been three months with no contact and in that time, I signed a divorce paper witnessed by a solicitor which clearly states I divorce her. This was not given to her, but am I right to assume, because my intentions are involved, it is classed as the 2nd divorce? Now, someone is trying to mend the relationship, but it has been over 2 month since this 2nd divorce. I am confused because some one has said, that between the 2nd and 3rd, even if you don’t give a divorce, if the period of ruju’ is over, it automatically nullifies the marriage. is this true? Or are we still in nikaah?
- Assalamoalycoom, I need a urgent help !! Due to some unavoidable situation My sister is being seperated/ divorced. Regarding Iddat period after the divorce We want to know what is the difference between iddat after a divorce and Iddat after a husband’s death. Do the restricstions of the Iddat after a husbands death apply to the iddat after a divorce. Please let us know what are the restrictions for Iddat after divorce. Can She go out for studies ? As she is planning to continue with her studies. Urgent responce will be highly appreciated. jazakALLAH Kher