Listening to Qur’an while lying down
Q: Can we hear Qur’an recitation when lying down?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
لا بأس بقراءة القرآن إذا وضع جنبه على الأرض ولكن ينبغي أن يضم رجليه عند القراءة كذا في المحيط لا بأس بالقراءة مضطجعا إذا أخرج رأسه من اللحاف لأنه يكون كاللبس وإلا فلا كذا في القنية (الفتاوى الهندية 5/ 316)
Read these QA to learn more..
- Lying about Talāq
- Is it sinful to have Quran being recited on my ipod or computer while I’m busing working and not really listening to or concentrating on it? Of course, when someone comes to talk to me, I’ll stop the recitation, but I’m asking that is it okay to have the recitation on when I’m alone and working and not really listening to or concentrating on it. Please let me know?
- i want to know that listening quran from recorded cassettes will give one the reward of listening.according to the ayah of surah aaraf(204)
- I just want to know my boyfriend and I sat down together, we made wudhu, he said he accepts me as his wife 3 times, I said I accept him as my husband 3 times. He offered maher and on the speaker phone, three men were listening, after they heard all this, they read dua for nikah. I thought my boyfriend didn’t know that these men were listening but he said he suspected that people were listening. Is this considered as nikah? He his married and therefore didn’t want witnesses to see him. He said he will marry me and Allah will be our witness. I knew that was not considered as nikah so I arranged for these 3 men to listen via speaker phone without telling my boyfriend they were listening. I know it was wrong what I did. But he says he knew people were listening when we were saying we accept each other. Are we in nikah? After a few weeks he told me he’s not accepting this as nikah. But I just need to know, am I his wife?
- Asalamualaikum I would like to find out the ruling concerning whether istimaa’ is necessary for women when listening to the juma khutbah live over the radio. It has become the norm for “Islamic” radio stations to play the juma khutbah live, sometimes for more than an hour. Generally the womenfolk are engaged in cooking and don’t pay much attention to it. 1. Would the normal laws of listening to a khutbah apply here ie is it wajib? 2. Would it make a difference whether the khutba is played before zawaal or after? 3. Do menfolk also have to listen attentively? What if they have already performed juma? 4-A person who doesn’t listen attentively talks while listening will he be sinful?
- Assalaamu Alaikum ya Sheikh, My sister had a dream, she saw a masjid or a maqbara where a lot of torn pieces of papers were lying down in which some thing was written in arabic and she saw a white beared man who was keeping the torn papers in his ears and was listening to it as if he was hearing some thing from it on see this my sister also took some papers and she started try to hear that, she says she felt as if Allah Himself was saying that “you all will stand in front of me on the day of judgement”. then she woke up kindly interpret this dream of my sister. Jazakumullahu Ahsanal Jaza fid Daarain.