Removing clothes from the line before maghrib
Q: Is it a shar’i ruling to remove clothing from the washing line before maghrib?
A: No. This has no basis. It is merely superstition.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Motala
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- My question is regarding washing of clothes. If we wash clothes with an impurity (najasath ghaliza) with clothes which are only dirty but not “impure”..if we wash them together in the same water in the washing machine, do the pure clothes also become impure? Secondly, while washing impure clothes, if drop of water are splashed on us and the clothes we are wearing, do they also become impure?
- What is the correct method of straightening the saff for fardh salaat? Toes on the line or heels on the line? Please provide details proofs.
- Q: I keep having doubts that won’t go away. I think I might be suffering from OCD. After I finished esha namaaz, I remeber that before maghrib namaz I went to the toilet and usually I wipe the seat before sitting because there might be water in there. But I can’t remember if I wiped it or not before I sat down. I might have wiped it but I might have forgotten. I can’t remember. I am trying really hard. I think I might have because its what I always do but then I have doubts thinking I didn’t. In this case am I napaak? Are my clothes napaak? Do I need to take another shower or do ghusal or change my clothes. Please help me. My mother thinks I am crazy for changing my clothes and showering so much and always washing stuff like my hand or clothes or body. Please help me.
- If clothes are going into a washing machine,must these clothes be washed separetly from other clothes or is it fine to wash all clothes together
- There is a girl that i wish to marry but i did not know whether i should continue to pursue the marriage or not so i made istikhara and asked Allah to put it in my heart to propose to her, or just leave it. Dream: Dream: firstly me and my father are in line for a long time waiting to go in somewhere, no idea where and we are in line for about 2-3 hours and there are 2 other people in line. Across the street is a cafe so we’re like lets go eat and then we will come back. Once we get to the cafe the line fills up, me and my dad get angry but choose rather to go eat then wait in line. Anyways we go to the cafe and order something now while we are waiting for the food to come this old small black clothed lady comes up to me and rips a hair outta my leg and starts doing black magic, so im scared and feel weirded out like wat is she doing. Then later on were at home now and im making sajda and after i say my salam same lady short old black clothed lady jus making black magic
- I would like to find out if you have washing on the line (clothes, blankets, etc) and you don’t bring them inside before maghrib, do you have to wash the cloths again.