Using soaps, creams with alcohol
- Alcohol is used in most creams, soaps and perfumes. Are we allowed to use them? What is the ruling regarding the use if ethnol and synthetic ethnol?
- Can we then wear perfume to the mosque? Once sprayed the alcohol vanishes.
- In Hadith it says khamr that is made out of grapes and dates is haram. What about barley?
- Our ulama have allowed it in soaps. For external purposes it is permissible.
- Any intoxicant that is prepared from barley is also impermissible.