Inheriting from one’s maternal grandfather
Q: My question is about the share of a grand daughter from her grand father’s (maternal) property. The girl has married to a non Muslim (kafir) and has some children from him. Whether she is entitled for the share or not? If entitled than what shall be the percentage of her share? Her mother is still alive.
A: She will not be entitled to a share.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Grandchildren Inheriting from Their Grandfather
- My maternal grandfather (nana) married another woman after the death of my real maternal grandmother (nani). He had a son with his second wife (my step mama). He (my step mama) married a woman who was not in relation with him in anyway. Three years back my step mama has expired. He had no children. Can I marry his widow? She is elder to me.
- Inheriting from Maternal Grandmother When Maternal Aunts and Uncles Are Living
- As-salamu `alaykum I have 2 questions : 1. My grandfather has 3 wives not at the same time but one after the other?s death. 1st wife has no child dies very early year not known ,2nd wife had 1 son (i.e. my father ) and 1 daughter , 3rd wife had 3 son (i.e. my uncles ) and 3 daughter s My 3rd grandmother (i.e. step grandmother ) dies on 1996 which has 1 property in her name and rest all in grandfather?s name . My father dies on 1997 (prior to grandfather) and grandfather dies on2002. My grandfather has gifted 1/4th property to me which is written on plane paper no legal value as I hope excluding that property which is in my grandmother?s name as he told me that this property should be distributed among his 4 daughters . How much share should I and my 3 sisters get from my grandfather?s property and what does Islamic Inheritance Law of India said about the grandchildren share whose father dies before his grandfather or what is Indian Law said or which law is applied to my case . Please give the document evidences or internet sites . 2 . My mother dies in 1986 and her father (i.e. maternal grandfather ) after amonth of my mother?s death leaving 1 wife (i.e. my maternal grandmother ) and 2 daughters ( i.e. my aunts) My grandmother orally said that ? I will give you 1/3rd property ? but unfortunately not able to write and dies on 1998 . Question is how much share we get from maternal side condition that my mother dies (1986) before maternal grandfather and father in 1997 after my maternal grandfather (i.e.in 1986). Sorry for asking such a long question but there is no…
- I had a dream when I was in jamat that maternal grandmother, grandfather and my uncle who are expired came to my dream initially my grandmother started smiling at me then my grandfather comes to the vision and he was smiling with joy then he called my uncle to look at me and he also smiled with joy looking at me then after that I saw my grandmother face again she started crying and then my grandfather and then my uncle and when uncle was crying lots of worms started coming out from his eyes. What does it mean?
- (1) Is it correct for the parents of a man to reject a girl who has the following qualities? (a) She is accepted as religious and pious. (b) She is healthy i.e. can give birth to children as proven from her family’s women. (c) She is a virgin. (d) The would be groom likes her nature and manners. (e) Her family’s financial status is as good as the would be groom’s family. (f) Her parents and siblings (brothers and sisters) are known to be noble and respected people. (g) She is beautiful as well. The only problem is that she is an orphan and living with her maternal uncles and the boy’s parents have heard bad things about her maternal grandfather (who died a decade ago) and one of her maternal aunties. However, the parents do not have any evidence nor are they willing to testify that the people from whom they have heard such things are pious/righteous and are not liars. (2) Is a man required to take his parents permission for marriage or is that only an obligation for woman’s (wali)?