Residing with one’s mother who is alone
Q: My husbands brother passed away recently. Can his wife move in with us after her iddat? She has no dad or brothers. Has a mother and a sister that is married. Mother stays alone. Wife has a five year old daughter. My husband wants to assist and support her.
A: It is important for her to stay with her mother who is alone.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
عن عبد الله بن عمرو قال : جاء رجل إلى النبى -صلى الله عليه وسلم- فقال : يا رسول الله أجاهد قال : ألك أبوان. قال : نعم. قال : ففيهما فجاهد(أبو داود #2531)
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- I said once to my wife (when we were married newly) that you are like my mother, just as I got 2nd mother. I told so to her by my intention as she loves me and helps me as my mother. It was not my intention that she is having my mother’s place. My intention was mother is mother and wife is wife. I told her that she is like my mother because I want to say her that she is loving and helping me as mother. (Now we are having 3 children). Is this a sub? Should I need to give kaffarah? Please guide me.
- Assalamu alaikum, i would like to know the meaning of a dream that a friend of mine had. recently her mother passed away, after her mother passed away close friends and relatives told her often that they see her mother in their dreams. after hearing this from her friends she prayed to Allah asking Allah that she wants to see her mother in her dream.That night she had a dream about her mother, in the dream she saw that her mother was buried, but family members and other people had to get her out becuase she was going to have a baby, after her mother was brought out, her mother was taken to the hospital to have her baby, theN she saw that she was running to see her mother, but she was told by doctors that her mother was in the hospital basement, so she ran to the basement but when she got there she saw her mother in a bag the way she was when she first died. My friend would like to know the meaning of this dream. Jazakallah
- Salaam… My problem is my child don’t come near me he always attached to my mother-in-law…My son call my mother-in-law mummy and father-in-law papa…For me he call assiya mummy and for his father he called assad papa….At time of his birth i went into depression so my mother-in-law use to look after him….But now each every work of him i do but still he want to be near my mother-in-law…He even sleep with my mother-in-law…I want my son back..he is seven year old.I want he should be near me and love me…I don’t want to sepearte him from my mother-in-law but he should understand difference between us.He should give pirority as his mother…Please give me any dua or wazifa as soon as possible….Thanks Allahafiz….
- ASA After my mothers expiry my father married again.After sometime he planned to build a house at Karachi,while he was posted at Lahore. To facilitate house building loan the plot was transferred to her name. Later my father built two more floors & directed me to come & live with him,declaring that the 1st floor was for me. Then I moved up-country as per job requirement & the 1st floor was rented out,while family of my foster mother’s sister moved in & occupied the 2nd flooor. My father expired recently & it seems my foster mother intends to deprive me from my father’s property & eventually hand over its custody to sons/daughters of her sister residing on the 2nd floor. This is so because my foster mother is issue-less. Nothing was contributed by my foster mother towards construction of the house,she was & is merely a custodian. Legally I cannot proceed against her as per the law of the land, or is there any access to justice through SHARIAT-E-Islami? Plz. intimate earliest as to what I should do?
- We are 4 sisters and 1 brother.Father died in 1983 leaving behind a house.From the beginning I have been living on the ground floor firstly with my parents then with my mother and sisters and since 2003 only with my own family.Elder sister built with her money(Rs350000)1st floor in 88 and started living there.Mother died in 99.Now 3 younger sisters who are residing in rented houses are demanding share.Elder sister says from the sale price she first be paid current value of 1st floor and then the inheritance distributed.We say u already got compensated by not paying rent.She does not agree.Younger sisters are suffering.Pls advise. Jazakallak
- sir my mother and wife are distributed on the any matter my mother say to me given him talk I have 3 childern I refused . now my mother say that you take feed of my mother (Nani Aman)and this wife is illegally. your nakkah is broken my mother say i take oath so what i can do?