- During the time of Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and the Sahaba (Radiyallahu Anhum) was Eid ul Adha celebrated for one day or three days?
- If Eid ul Adha was celebrated for one day how is it to celebrate it for three days because nowadays people celebrate Eid for three days?
- What is the shariah ruling for people who makes nice food, wear nice clothes etc for more than one day thinking its part if Eid?
1. Eid-ul-Adha and the two days that follow thereafter were and are always the days wherein sacrifice and qurbaani is permissible and it is in accordance to the sunnat.
3. Since they are days of showing happiness, it is permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
عَنْ نُبَيْشَةَ الْهُذَلِيِّ، قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: ” أَيَّامُ التَّشْرِيقِ أَيَّامُ أَكْلٍ، وَشُرْبٍ، وَذِكْرِ اللهِ (مسند أحمد رقم 20722)