Person working with public funds giving preference to his needy relatives
Q: With reference to Surah Yusuf (alahis salaam), is it correct for a person working with Public Funds (Government, NGO’s etc.) to give preference to his Needy Family Relatives? This would be done in accordance with following the correct procedures, protocols, regulations etc. If it is correct, would it be preferable?
A: Yes, if the organisation does not mind.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Bismi-Allah-ArRahmaan-ArRaheem Kind Attention: Mufti in-charge : Fatwa Department : Darul Ifta Deoband, India Subject: Fatwa requisition regarding utilization of collected Zakah funds for public services Respected Sir, Assalamualaikum, Pleased to introduce myself as Mufti Myint Thein @ Mufti Abdussalaam, a Myanmar Muslim born and brought up in Yangon, Myanmar and together with other enthusiastic Muslims, has been actively and voluntarily conducting Islamic Religious activities such as proving free education on Quran and Hadiths as well as other Islamic educational knowledge and public services that would benefit towards Muslims living in Union of Myanmar as a minority community. Without taking much precious time of your esteemed self, kindly allow us to bring the subject and purpose of this mail. We would like to seek some religious verdicts (Fatwas) on some forms of utilizing collected Zakah funds. (that have been collected as a purpose of implementing Baitul Maal system within the community). Therefore, would like to request your esteemed self very humbly to kindly issue Fatwas upon implementing following listed ways of Zakah funds utilization. Kindly enlighten us and issue Fataawa: 1. whether it is permissible in Islam to utilize the collected zakah funds for public services such as building hospitals, clinics, schools, purchasing vehicles for funeral services, information services etc… 2. whether it is permissible to implement ?Micro Loan? system. 3. As we are living in a country where Muslims are minority, is it permissible to utilize the collected zakah…
- Parents giving preference to one child over the rest
- It is permissible to dispense of interest funds to the poor and needy even if they are non-Muslims
- Is it ok for a Muslim to use the public funds offered by the British Govt?
- Assalamualikum, I thought of giving Rs 1500 to needy people every month from my Salary and Alhamdulillah I was doing the same from one or two years. Now my parents thing that it might be difficult for me to give Zakat amount which may be approx RS 15000 and they are telling me to do Niyat as Zakat for the amount which I am paying every month as Rs 1500, so that in 10 months the Zakat will be paid over. (The amount Rs 1500 is given to one of our relative whose husband is expired and she has a small kid, I am sending it to my parents and they are given it to her) I am staying in rented house for which intially I have given RS 42,000 as a deposit and the rent is Rs 7000. I thought every month I have to pay the rent, after the first month I told to my house owner I want to pay Rs 7000 rent, he said you have already paid RS 42,000 and no need to pay the rent every month, once the amount is over in 6 months, you have to pay for another 6 month Rs 42,000. Now I have the 3 months rent rs 7000 each (i.e., RS 21,000) with me, I wanted to give Zakat from this amount and I wish not to stop Rs 1500 which I am given it to needy every month. If I pay Zakat from this amount, I will not be having Rs 42,000 to pay to my house owner as 6 months rent which I have to pay after 3 months, but I believe Allah will arrange some amount Inshallah. The six months amount Rs 42,000 owner has mentioned in the agreement that I should pay without fail. I have not told about the amount which I have with me (i.e., RS 21,000) to my parents, as if I tell them they will ask for the money as they have…
- Giving preference to Salaah with Jamaat