Reconciling after talaaq-e-baain

Q: I e-mailed you about the problems between my husband and myself, and you replied and said if my husband used the word of “Leave the house” then he will not be halaal for his wife and this will be talaaq-e-baain. My question is if they both want to ruju again what should they do according to the Islamic point of view please help me.


A: If the husband had only issued one talaaq-e-baain (irrevocable talaaq), and the spouses wish to reconcile, then it is permissible provided a new nikaah is performed with a separate mahr.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

(وينكح ) مبانته بما دون الثلاث في العدة وبعدها بالإجماع ومنع غيره فيها لاشتباه النسب ( لا ) ينكح ( مطلقة ) من نكاح صحيح نافذ كما سنحققه ( بها ) أي بالثلاث ( لو حرة وثنتين لو أمة ) ولو قبل الدخول وما في المشكلات باطل أو مؤول كما مر ( حتى يطأها غيره ولو ) الغير ( مراهقا ) يجامع مثله وقدره شيخ الإسلام بعشر سنين (الدر المختار 3/409)

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)