My brother and his family celebrate non Muslims holidays such as thanks giveing, new year etc. What is the best advise I can give him because I know it’s haram to do that?
Q: My brother and his family celebrate non Muslims holidays such as thanks giveing, new year etc. What is the best advise I can give him because I know it’s haram to do that?
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- ASAK, My brother passed away 3 years back. My brother’s wife family and our family had some arguements and she is currently staying in her parents home. She has a 3.5 year old son from my brother. Is it permissible for me to marry my brother’s wife. please give some references if its permissible. regards, Irfan
- My elder Brother has passed away last month leaving behind His Wife, a Six year old Son.Our mother was also dependent on him. Please advise what is the ruling on his Inheritance.Please give detailed answer. Jazakallah!
- As-salam-allayakum, My sister got married a year back. My brother-in-law is asking her to take Khula, whereas we want to keep the marriage. Following are the issues in marriage; 1) My brother-in-law has Pre-mature ejaculation and erectyle dysfunction. He also have performance anxiety, He is in mid 40’s age. Rather than accepting this as problem and getting treated for it, he straightaway blamed my sister and now is asking that she takes khula as he is unable to enjoy sexual marriage life. My sister got checked by doctor and she doesn’t have any problem. 2) My brother-in-law family was pressuring our family to get their uneducated daughter married to my brother who is younger to their daughter, this was no match and there was no agreement between our two families before or on my sister marriage. They kept on pressurising us for almost 6 months and now my brother is married, they are saying that everything is over. 3) My sister is not treated very well and her husband doesn’t talk to her or support her. he also don’t support her financially, infact always eyes for her salary. She is living with us and has only stayed with her husband for 35-40 days in one full year. Whenever She wants to go to her husband house, she is questioned why she has come and he (my brother-in-law) tell her come only when he calls her (which he never does). Please give us fatwa, in this condition what should we do? As my sister want to keep marriage and my brother-in-law wants she should take khula. Also, what are the rights of my sister, if she takes khula, does she…
- as salam alia kum mufti saheb iam 33 years old a female from india hyderabad, i got married in 2000 i did a love marriage against my mother but later on my accepted my marriage , iam an graduate and my husband is illetrate person, iam havin two kids one son who is 8 years old and one daughter 5 years old. after my marriage one year i was happy but later on my husband started behaving very bad towards me even started suspecting me with everyone my cousins, my brotherinlaws, with his own brother and also with non-muslims. my mother expired in 2004, i am having only one brother i am staying with my brother my husand is in qatar he is sending money through his mother but he is not talking with me from one year. he ordered me not to go out of home i am obeying him even though he suspects me now his family also started mentally tortureing me, i asked my husband to stay along with me in india even though he is not listening me. some times i feel that i didnt obeyed my mother thats hwhy iam suffering all this allahamdulla i pray 5 times namaz and i have faith in allahathalla that he will return my husband, so mufti saheb please pray for me and give me some dua and wazifas, i will be very thankfull to you allahafeez
- Assalamualaikum Brother A friends mom want to write a will and give away all her wealth to a cancer charity in canada.The whole family is muslim. She has three daughters aged 22, 20 and 7. My question is that can the mother give away all her wealth in charity after she dies or even while she is alive? If the mother has permission of her two adult daughters, can she give it away then, minus the share of the little sister? Would it be okay for a muslim lady to give everything to a charity in canada instead of helping people here in pakistan where she normally resides? Is it okay for Muslims to give charity to christian or any other organisations besides muslims’? If the mother does write this will and give away everything to this cancer charity in canada without consulting with her daughters, would she be held accountable on the day of judgement, i mean is that a sin? Also please keep in mind that her husband is well off too and the mom generally has a tendency to help the needy, so please let me know whats the best possible option for her knowing that she has always wanted to help the poor and the needy. Wasalaaam
- I am eligible to give zakah every year. In this regards I have a questions: I know one of my very close relative family, they need financial help. I can give zakah to them. But If I give them zakah next year (combining my this year zakah and next year zakah) will be more better for them since next year only they have to pay their son college fees for one full year. If I give them zakah this year, they may utilize that money in non-important items. In other words is it permissible to hold one year zakah and relieve next year along with next year zakah since I know my next year zakah alone may not be sufficient to them. They need money next year, not this year. Please guide.