Wife dies, leaves behind a husband, a son, 7 daughters and R200 000, what will everyones share be?
Q: Wife dies, leaves behind a husband, a son, 7 daughters and R200 000, what will everyones share be?
A: The estate will be divided into 12 equal shares and distributed as follows:
Husband will receive: 3 shares (R50 000)
Son will receive 2 shares (R33 333.33)
Each daughter will receive 1 share (R16 666.66 – each)
The remainder of 5 cents can be mutually disbursed in charity.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Yusuf Mulla
Read these QA to learn more..
- My husband’s father has a property and gets enough rent to maintain his family. Husband’s mother is a retired government servant and gets a monthly pension. Husband’s brother is an engineer. His wife is also working. Husband’s sister is a doctor and married. I am not employed and I and my son are completely dependent on my husband. Now my husband is planning to purchase a property. I have a one year old son. I will appreciate if you could answer the following questions: (1) What will be my share and my son’s share in the property? Also let me know what will be the share of my in-laws (husband’s parents, sister and brother). This property will be purchased by my husband with his own earnings? (2) What will be my share and my son’s share if my husband includes my name also in the property along with his name? What will be my share and my son’s share if he does not include my name in the property documents? (3) What will be my share, my son’s share and his family’s share (parents, one brother and one sister) in case of husband’s death? Will there be any difference in my share if my name is included in the property?
- A man dies leaving 2 sons, 3 daughters and a wife. The wife is not the mother of the 5 children, the surviving wife had no children from the decease husband. How should the deceased estate be divided according to Islam? Jazakallahu Khaira!
- Wife leaves her husband a number of times,sometime without asking,has even went on Hajj with her brother she simply informed her husband and did not ask for any permission husband did not objected or rather remained silent for it was a matter of Hajj ,then there is the issue of three daughters involved. so its prudent not to separate , beside there are no other issues . Husband and wife and have now chosen not to interfere in each others work , both now earn separately and do not share with each other , is the husband still obliged for the upkeep [ nan-nafqa ] of her wife.? Q2- Is it true Imam Ghazali has said, in a similar situation [ wife leaving husband without asking permission ] husband is released from the burden of nan-nafqa?
- My father died 25 years back leaving behind his wife (our mother), 3 daughters and one son. How will be the estate divided? I am asking my brother to divide the property and give my share to me but he is not doing so. I have 5 daughters. My husband has already died. I want to give my share to my daughters only in my life. What can be done? Is it possible to write will?
- A man dies leaving 3 sons 6 daughters 1 wife 2 brothers and 5 sisters. What will be the share of inheritance each one will get?
- As-salamu `alaykum I have 2 questions : 1. My grandfather has 3 wives not at the same time but one after the other?s death. 1st wife has no child dies very early year not known ,2nd wife had 1 son (i.e. my father ) and 1 daughter , 3rd wife had 3 son (i.e. my uncles ) and 3 daughter s My 3rd grandmother (i.e. step grandmother ) dies on 1996 which has 1 property in her name and rest all in grandfather?s name . My father dies on 1997 (prior to grandfather) and grandfather dies on2002. My grandfather has gifted 1/4th property to me which is written on plane paper no legal value as I hope excluding that property which is in my grandmother?s name as he told me that this property should be distributed among his 4 daughters . How much share should I and my 3 sisters get from my grandfather?s property and what does Islamic Inheritance Law of India said about the grandchildren share whose father dies before his grandfather or what is Indian Law said or which law is applied to my case . Please give the document evidences or internet sites . 2 . My mother dies in 1986 and her father (i.e. maternal grandfather ) after amonth of my mother?s death leaving 1 wife (i.e. my maternal grandmother ) and 2 daughters ( i.e. my aunts) My grandmother orally said that ? I will give you 1/3rd property ? but unfortunately not able to write and dies on 1998 . Question is how much share we get from maternal side condition that my mother dies (1986) before maternal grandfather and father in 1997 after my maternal grandfather (i.e.in 1986). Sorry for asking such a long question but there is no…