I have heard lot of people saying especially in India that once Hazrat Bilal (May Allah be pleased with him), due to some sahabas complaining about his voice or his pronunciation in Adhan asked the permission for someone else to call the Adhan (Fajr). After he called people got worried as lot of time had passed but the sun didnt rise like normal. So they went to the Prophet (Peace be upon him), told him the same and he replied that Allah has ordered the sun not to rise until Bilal gives the Call to Adhan. Please let me know if there is any authentic Source where this incident of sun not rising because of Bilal (May Allah be pleased with him) is mentioned. Praise be to Allah.

Q: I have heard lot of people saying especially in India that once Hazrat Bilal (May Allah be pleased with him), due to some sahabas complaining about his voice or his pronunciation in Adhan asked the permission for someone else to call the Adhan (Fajr). After he called people got worried as lot of time had passed but the sun didnt rise like normal. So they went to the Prophet (Peace be upon him), told him the same and he replied that Allah has ordered the sun not to rise until Bilal gives the Call to Adhan. Please let me know if there is any authentic Source where this incident of sun not rising because of Bilal (May Allah be pleased with him) is mentioned. Praise be to Allah.

A: This is not established from any reliable Hadeeth.